Psychoville - Series 2 Page 3

Enjoyed the opener very much last night. I didn't have much trouble remembering details from the last series, but I did watch it again at Christmas.

I liked the way Mr Jolly acknowledged the rubbish ending of the last series.

My favourite new part of the show was the librarian and silent singer - she was right disturbing and all that.

Just brilliant. Cannot find a single flaw.

Mr Lomax and the Club biscuit mobile phone has me in stiches everytime.

Tea-Leaf seems to have been on a diet.

Not now Silent Singer!

Love this show. It's the small touches - like Joy taking 'Freddie' for a walk in the pram.

That could be in the next episode, Mark!

I love the horror elements to this show, it's genuinely frightening in parts.

David continues to steal the show "But she doesn't like tuna.."

Great start.

The Tina Turner bit was very funny.

Quote: chipolata @ May 12 2011, 10:42 PM BST

Agreed. Especially after she was told she had cancer. Those eyes made me pee myself. (almost)

Quote: chipolata @ May 12 2011, 10:42 PM BST

It was.

But not a lot else was really. A few smiles, Mr Lomax and the tipex and the panic about the libary book.

I liked all the Hancock's Half Hour references, with the missing page from Lady Don't Fall Backwards appearing. The thing is, the idea of Tony Hancock having a bastard son is somewhat believable, seeing as he did have affairs.

Highlight was undoubtedly Tina Turner - overall I thought it was a bit plot heavy.
Was the 'Director' on the film set someone famous - a real life director?
Thought I recognized him.

It's a very mixed bag. David and his mum are just note perfect characters, down to the decor of the flat and the Tina Turner was somehow surprising/terrifying/hilarious at once.

Except the clown funeral was such an old hack joke and went on so long. The faghag marriage of convenience ancient joke and ridiculously dated (civil ceremonies as a reason to remain have been recognised for years). The female chief spy with her obsession with spy films is just achingly unfunny and telegraphed.

I like silent singer, but somehow the librarian seems petulant rather than disturbing.

I like the fearlesness in killing off key characters early in the game. And Lomax/Tea Leaf are still great fun, but where is the Hancock thing going?

Over all it's ok, but the poor bits do seem to kill the pace almost completely.

Quote: sootyj @ May 13 2011, 8:54 AM BST

And Lomax/Tea Leaf are still great fun, but where is the Hancock thing going?

I think that is the main focus of next week's episode.

Quote: Lazzard @ May 13 2011, 8:45 AM BST

Was the 'Director' on the film set someone famous - a real life director?
Thought I recognized him.

John Landis.