Psychoville - Series 2 Page 6

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 19 2011, 11:52 AM BST

Ep 2 was a little bitty

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I loved tonight's edition. Gripping and disturbing, although I have to admit not the funniest episode.

I'm just not 'feeling' it. I'm intrigued by the storyline, but it's not a particularly funny show, has an increasing number of annoying characters, and is generally rather underwhelming.

Yeh I ended up watching K19 instead, it just didn't inspire me.

There's lot of old jokes and the murders are just nasty, not ingenious or funny.

Pains me to say it, but I don't think this series is a patch on the first one. A slack narrative, few laughs, and an increasing feeling that we've seen it all before. And the Hancock subplot has been a bit of a damp squib. Disappointing.

The last one was a little shaky, but the sheer oomph of the story carried it through,

I think they both feel like they were digging in LOG's dressing up box.

I'm also puzzled why they had so many characters survive at the end of the last series just to have them plod tediously to their death one by one.

It seems to be the disease the indulgence disease.

Get a popular performer or performers. Give them a huge budget and don't dare edit them.

The League Of Gentlemen Series 1 - funny

The League Of Gentlemen Series 2 & 3 - good, but not funny

Psychoville Series 1 - funny

Psychoville Series 2 - good so far, but not funny

I like the Librarian.

Quote: lofthouse @ May 19 2011, 11:26 PM BST

The League Of Gentlemen Series 2 & 3 - good, but not funny

If you say so.

Criss-cross...

>>Strangers on a Train<< referenced this time!
I enjoy spotting these references to classic cinema immensely. <3

I enjoy this series a lot. The librarian and Hattie are genuinely creepy. Hattie esp. made me squirm quite a lot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strangers_on_a_Train_(film)

Quote: jennyanyd0ts @ May 20 2011, 10:24 AM BST

Criss-cross...

>>Strangers on a Train<< referenced this time!
I enjoy spotting these references to classic cinema immensely. <3

The best of the homages was the Maureen and David one to Rope in the first series.

Watched this for the first time last night as I'd seen it mentioned on here. Mmmm... There's something about it that draws you in but I'd use the word 'funny' sparingly, it's interesting and odd, I liked the librarian and the weird girl he keeps seeing beckoning to him, very creepy but funny. Mr Jelly is well done too, was he too cowardly to remove the kidney or does he have a heart after all?!