Psychoville - Series 2 Page 7

He was mistaken for someone else and didn't have any idea about what he was being asked to do.

Quote: Aaron @ May 20 2011, 1:02 PM BST

He was mistaken for someone else and didn't have any idea about what he was being asked to do.

Ah, I've missed so much of the backstory, will give it a watch from now on though

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 20 2011, 12:52 AM BST

If you say so.

Sorry I keep forgetting to add 'IMO' at the end of every sentence I post on this forum. Whistling nnocently

Series 2 and 3 of TLOG looked brilliant and it has some great, great characters in it. And some good story lines.

It's just they forgot to add some jokes.

IMO! Wave

Loved the bit with the librarian in the girl's bedroom. Felt like it was straight out of a horror film.

Very sad to see Lomax die as he was my favourite character. However, I wasn't keen on the whole Hancock angle. It was far too unbelievable. Also, I remember Lomax saying in the first series that he didn't want Hancock's name mentioned in the house because of what he did to Sid James. I think that angle gave Lomax a nice sense of madness and hostility.

As others have said, it's not packed full of laughs and it's not clear where the stories going, but it's so wonderfully bizarre that I can overlook these negatives.

There were plenty of laughs, it's just that most of them were understated.

The mix of Comedy and drama is perfect.

Nope it's piss poor.

Just compare it to season 1.

The absolutely delightful and terrifying fight between Jolly and Jelly in the kid's fun house.

versus

Yawn, yet another "sinister" clown funeral.

I quite enjoy this show, but don't actually find it that funny. Which I presume I'm supposed to?

Quote: sootyj @ May 24 2011, 3:18 PM BST

Nope it's piss poor.

Just compare it to season 1.

The absolutely delightful and terrifying fight between Jolly and Jelly in the kid's fun house.

versus

We're only 3 episodes in. It's a bit harsh to write it off half way through.

Nope it's piss poor.

It's certainly not piss poor, but the overall story is unclear and bitty, compared to series 1. We have no idea what the new characters have to do with anything, for example; though I do like both. As individual characters and scenes, there's plenty of merit in them all. Especially now the dwarf is dead.

The set up in series one was simple and clear, this one feels more like a jumble. It's an enjoyable jumble though.

Laughing out loud
I knew it must be this thread Reece was referring to on Twitter.

He's not wrong, where are all these other sinister clown funerals? I've been missing them.

I'm with Mistress Zooo on this.

I've never seen a clown funeral other than on Psychoville.

Must say though, this series doesn't grab me as much as the first one, which quite frankly was masterful.

Quote: zooo @ May 24 2011, 5:53 PM BST

Laughing out loud

He's not wrong, where are all these other sinister clown funerals? I've been missing them.

Even if there haven't been specific clown funerals, the sinister-clown-in-comedy feels like a cliché. Reece is a talented little fella but he needs to get himself some new ideas!

Quote: chipolata @ May 24 2011, 6:10 PM BST

Even if there haven't been specific clown funerals, the sinister-clown-in-comedy feels like a cliché.

I agree. In Series 1, I thought they handled it well, taking that idea and playing around with it in such an inspired manner. Series 2, I'm yet to be convinced of. Still one of my favourite characters, but the pieces aren't yet falling together in quite the same way. Perhaps Reece's frustration is borne from his knowledge of how it will all turn out and make sense once the credits of the final ep roll?

Quote: zooo @ May 24 2011, 5:53 PM BST

Laughing out loud

Laughing out loud

Just Googled to look at his twitter, he calls Sooty a f**kwit!

Quote: chipolata @ May 24 2011, 6:10 PM BST

Even if there haven't been specific clown funerals, the sinister-clown-in-comedy feels like a cliché.

I remember thinking when the pictures were first released for series 1 that the sinister clown thing was a bit cliche; but then, as it turned out, Mr Jelly wasn't a sinister, evil clown at all.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 24 2011, 6:42 PM BST

as it turned out, Mr Jelly wasn't a sinister, evil clown at all.

Ezzackly. He's lovely really.
If he dies I will be most sad.