Psychoville - Series 2 Page 5

Quote: jennyanyd0ts @ May 14 2011, 11:08 PM BST

Did no one notice (and appreciate) the Sowerbutt's lovely little hommage to The Court Jester?

"The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle.
The chalice from the palace has the brew that is true!"

:D

I loved that!

Yes, I loved that reference!

Quote: swerytd @ May 16 2011, 9:14 AM BST

What's everyone going on about? It was *really* funny pretty much all the way through! Easily the second funniest thing after Comedy Vehicle that I watched.

I giggled more about the 'eye-drops not working' than Tina Turner, which was still ridiculously funny.

Dan

Agreed! I absolutely love it. Funny and fantastic all the way through.
There's not many shows where while I'm watching, I'm already looking forward to buying the DVD. (Only this and Rev, recently.)

Quote: swerytd @ May 16 2011, 9:14 AM BST

What's everyone going on about? It was *really* funny pretty much all the way through!

Oh no it wasn't!

Oh yes it was!

He's behind you!

... Wait, that isn't right. Um.

Laughing out loud

Can't wait for the next episode but have been kept amused by last night's John Snape storyline in Corrie which seems to be running in parallel with David Sourbutt's mum.

Quote: jennyanyd0ts @ May 14 2011, 11:08 PM BST

Did no one notice (and appreciate) the Sowerbutt's lovely little hommage to The Court Jester?

"The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle.
The chalice from the palace has the brew that is true!"

:D

I loved that!

Which of course is a homage to Hamlet

I didn't realise it was an homage to anything in particular. Just thought it was funny. :)

Wow, just watching. John Landis. Wow.

I couldn't belieeeeeeeeeeve it. Thought it must be a good impersonator.

On the downside, it had Andi Osho.

That Tina Turner bit was hilarious, I don't think I've laughed as hard at anything for quite a while; those characters are just streets ahead of the rest.

Ep 2 was a little bitty but still enjoyable throughout, I'm glad they killed off the dwarf.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 19 2011, 11:52 AM BST

That Tina Turner bit was hilarious, I don't think I've laughed as hard at anything for quite a while; those characters are just streets ahead of the rest.

Ep 2 was a little bitty but still enjoyable throughout, I'm glad they killed off the dwarf.

He was a bit short on acting skills that dwarf fella.

You're right about David and his Mum, they could have the show all to themselves as far as I'm concerned. It worked well when they had a whole episode to themselves in series 1.

That two hander was a great episode, but I love all the characters. Couldn't be doing without Mr Jelly, Lomax and Tealeaf and the new librarian.