- 2009 - 2011
- BBC Two
- 14 (2 series)
- Steve Pemberton, Reece Shearsmith, Jason Tompkins, Dawn French, Daniel Kaluuya, Daisy Haggard, Imelda Staunton, Daniel Ings and others
- Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith
- Matt Lipsey
- Justin Davies and Jon Plowman
Psychoville is a dark character comedy mystery in which five different characters are strangely linked.
The main characters are: Mr Jelly, an embittered one-handed clown who makes balloon animals with his hook; Joy, a desperately misguided midwife; Robert, a lovestruck dwarf; Mr Lomax, a blind avaricious collector; and David Sowerbutts, a serial-killer-obsessed man-child.
All five are at first seemingly unconnected, but we know they share at least one thing in common... despite having different backgrounds, different interests, and coming from different parts of the country, they have each been sent an anonymous, black-edged card marked with the words: "I know what you did..."
As the series progresses, we learn more about the background of the main characters, and discover they all spent time together at Ravenhill Hospital.
In Series 2, a locket with the letter 'K' on it becomes key. Police Detective Finney and shadowy Grace Andrews are amongst those who are desperate to get their hands on this item of jewellery.
- I know what you did!
- Production company
- Laugh track
View recording details
- First broadcast
- Thursday 18th June 2009 on BBC Two at 10pm
- Last new broadcast
- Monday 6th June 2011 on BBC Two at 10pm
- Last repeat
- Monday 27th March 2017 at 12:25am on Gold