Miranda - Series 3 Page 13

Quote: Wwe222 333 @ December 28 2012, 6:39 PM GMT

A very funny comedy. But this will never beat Bottom.

Do you like to have your bottom beaten?

Quote: chipolata @ December 28 2012, 10:37 AM GMT

I thought cheery old laugh a minute EastEnders was the most watched Christmas show?

It was. Until Miranda came along and beat it.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001010/miranda_hart_sitcom_tops_christmas_ratings/

Quote: Aaron @ December 28 2012, 7:17 PM GMT

Do you like to have your bottom beaten?

It was. Until Miranda came along and beat it.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001010/miranda_hart_sitcom_tops_christmas_ratings/

I Meant bottom the TV Show

The Christmas special was too slapstick. The tone seemed to have shifted into the realms of the Keystone Cops. I like Miranda and I have enjoyed the last two series, but this was just too frantic, too reliant on physicality, I found it just bordering on tiresome.

They should do a DVD with outtakes Haha.

Miranda Film! I think

Miranda is one of the sitcoms I can't imagine being transformed into a film. What was the last Britcom with a full feature film (apart from The Inbetweeners)?
It's not very "modern" to do this anymore it seems.

Bottom? was the last full feature film.

But anything extreme can be transformed into a film.

Miranda should be into a film or a cartoon version of her!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ December 28 2012, 7:55 PM GMT

Miranda is one of the sitcoms I can't imagine being transformed into a film. What was the last Britcom with a full feature film (apart from The Inbetweeners)?

Probably The League Of Gentlemen.

The British film industry near collapsed a couple of decades ago, but it's getting back in gear now, certainly in terms of comedy. There'll be quite a number of titles in the next few years.

I thought that the Boxing Day ep of Miranda was the funniest show on TV over the festive period

Quote: Aaron @ December 28 2012, 9:44 PM GMT

Probably The League Of Gentlemen.

The British film industry near collapsed a couple of decades ago, but it's getting back in gear now, certainly in terms of comedy. There'll be quite a number of titles in the next few years.

Are you talking general British comedy films, or are there a wave of films based on sitcoms coming? I know the Alan Partridge movie is coming in 2013, but didn't know there were any more.

Quote: chipolata @ December 29 2012, 6:06 PM GMT

Are you talking general British comedy films, or are there a wave of films based on sitcoms coming? I know the Alan Partridge movie is coming in 2013, but didn't know there were any more.

Both.

Big-screen adaptations of Miranda and Absolutely Fabulous are in varying stages of development; a new Dad's Army movie is in the works (although God knows I hope it collapses); a second Inbetweeners Movie is being worked on; and Mrs. Brown's Boys (as British as one can call it) looks set to make the transfer, too.

I HATE James Holmes as Clive he is a right prick.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ December 28 2012, 7:55 PM GMT

The Thick of It (In the Loop). Got an academy award nomination for the writing too.

I can imagine a Miranda film being critically panned and still doing much, much better at the box office.

Me too. Like the Twilight series beats every Martin Scorcese movie at the box office.

I liked the opening episode, I hope it keeps it up.

Miranda is an alright comedy but it's too overrated!
Miranda annoying and most of the episodes are about her trying to get a man.
Bit repetitive!

''Such Fun..."

"Are We?......"

"Bear With..."

Unimpressed