Miranda - Series 3 Page 15

As long as they show Miranda directly before or after Mrs. Brown they're on the safe side. But the constant falling over and the speed-fueled performance by MH isn't very original (in yesterday's episode Sally Phillips and the other blonde were even more annoying than Miranda). And the kind of (complete unrealistic) romances (between Miranda and some goodlooking guys) remind me of bad American sitcoms or romcoms.

But I'm not saying I wasn't entertained in a certain way. It's just not a work of genius.

Quote: Wwe222 333 @ January 1 2013, 10:40 PM GMT

I don't think there is

Only because it wasn't repeated. BCG would normally say if it was.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ January 2 2013, 8:47 AM GMT

And the kind of (complete unrealistic) romances (between Miranda and some goodlooking guys) remind me of bad American sitcoms or romcoms.

Not to bring the discussion down (or rather, keep it down) to looks. But did you really think that photographer/journalist character was somehow out of her league looks-wise?

Quote: zooo @ January 2 2013, 11:14 AM GMT

Not to bring the discussion down (or rather, keep it down) to looks. But did you really think that photographer/journalist character was somehow out of her league looks-wise?

It kind of wouldn't work if the new guy was better looking than Gary, would it? Seems a good straight man.

The strange world of sitcoms where the biggest crimes seem to be impersonating Police officers. And as far as we know, it's only the second time she's done it...

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ January 2 2013, 8:47 AM GMT

And the kind of (complete unrealistic) romances (between Miranda and some goodlooking guys) remind me of bad American sitcoms or romcoms.

Not sure I understand your point - are you saying that it is unrealistic for a good looking guy to have a romance with Miranda?

a) Have you seen the female characters they put 'unattractive' male leads with in TV shows? And no one bats an eyelid.

b) Miranda's not unattractive anyway.

c) I think Gary and Miranda are 100% believable as a couple.

d) I'd prefer it if every relationship represented on TV wasn't based purely on looks anyway.

Erm... and probably some other things. But my brain's all tired now.

I loved her Every Breath You Take (was it that one??) and exiting as a horse...this is a top funny show, feel good and the guys are the lucky ones in moi opinion..I hope the journalist sticks around, such fun.

Where has the guy who worked at the bar gone?

The three women in my family hooted from beginning to end.
You can't ask more than that.

Hey Lazzard how did your families entry into ITV's new talent show;

"so you think you're a sea gull?"

Quote: Lazzard @ January 2 2013, 12:58 PM GMT

The three women in my family hooted from beginning to end.
You can't ask more than that.

Damn "The Owl factor" was last year, so you could have asked for a lot more than that!

Quote: G180e @ December 31 2012, 12:30 PM GMT

I disagree , I think as long as the scripts are well written (which they are) this show will always be great

The scripts are rubbish!

Rolling eyes

Quote: dennispennis123 @ January 2 2013, 12:41 PM GMT

Where has the guy who worked at the bar gone?

I was thinking that last night. Where's Clive gone?

Quote: Charlie Boy @ January 2 2013, 2:54 PM GMT

The scripts are rubbish!

I disgaree. Each to their own as I always say. You either like it or you don't.

He's left the show I think. But I was hoping they'd mention his absence in some way.

Quote: zooo @ January 2 2013, 12:08 PM GMT

a) Have you seen the female characters they put 'unattractive' male leads with in TV shows? And no one bats an eyelid.

b) Miranda's not unattractive anyway.

c) I think Gary and Miranda are 100% believable as a couple.

d) I'd prefer it if every relationship represented on TV wasn't based purely on looks anyway.

Erm... and probably some other things. But my brain's all tired now.

The situation in which 'unattractive' males find themselves with attractive females is more common IRL as well as TV, and unattractive male leads tend to struggle a lot more in love when the entire premise of the show is based on them being odd-looking.
But I don't think it's purely looks that make Miranda an unattractive proposition: it's more to do with her apparent mental age of eleven. Attractive or not, would you or anyone else you know consider asking Miranda Hart's character on a date after five minutes in her company?

Nobody treats Miranda like the overgrown child she is apart from her mother (and it's supposed to be her chief character flaw) except at comically opportune moments. It's my big beef with the show. I can't suspend disbelief in the character interactions unless I try to imagine it's all going on inside Miranda's head.