The Old Guys - Series 2 Page 8

I don't think Peep show is that traditional though.
It's a bit more traditional than the Mighty Boosh for example but it still has a dizzying way about it.

I haven't quite managed to get into The Old Guys so far.
But I've only watched one & a half episodes.

Really enjoyed last night's episode, the best in this series so far for me. They can take a little while to get going, yet when they do, it's pretty impressive stuff.

Suprised by the love-in for last night's show. Twas okay I thought, nothing more. Really disapointed by this series so far, I think that the limted appearances by Amber don't help. Now shouldn't this have been the first episode? Because the deli owner was also doing the quizes and they knew him then.

Quote: bigfella @ July 24 2010, 8:44 PM BST

Suprised by the love-in for last night's show. Twas okay I thought, nothing more. Really disapointed by this series so far, I think that the limted appearances by Amber don't help. Now shouldn't this have been the first episode? Because the deli owner was also doing the quizes and they knew him then.

They've mentioned that above - especially as the caption at the start said "Six months earlier".

So what's series 1 like? I only heard of the show recently, so have no idea.

Quote: Ben @ July 24 2010, 9:01 PM BST

So what's series 1 like?

Quite a lot like series two!

Like Gavin and Stacey and Benidorm it's not brilliant but the better of a bad bunch.

Quote: Chappers @ July 24 2010, 9:01 PM BST

They've mentioned that above - especially as the caption at the start said "Six months earlier".

Shows the level of my attention span then.

I watched the one with Tessa Wyatt today.
It was quite enjoyable, I'll keep an eye on the rest of the series.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ July 24 2010, 9:23 PM BST

I watched the one with Tessa Wyatt today.
It was quite enjoyable, I'll keep an eye on the rest of the series.

But did you recognise her or was it only afterwards when you saw the credits?

Everyone recognised her except YOU, Chappers.

I'd already seen it on here.
But I think I would have recognized Tessa, even if it took me a while to place her.

That was very funny. Like it a lot.

I did think it was very Peep Show in characterisation too, though they are not clear cut in who is Mark/Jeremy as there were some scenes where Roy was 'Mark' and some where he was 'Jeremy'. The dynamic is there but it does switch sometimes (in regards to the Mark/Jez relationship)

To Ben -- first series was better than this one I thought, except for one excruciating episode I seem to recall (I'm sure I commented on the series 1 thread about this).

Dan

I can't get into it.

It's losing viewers as well; the overnights for Friday show it got only 2.9 million.

Not one of the better eps. last week.