The Old Guys - Series 2 Page 10

Rajan is very short, ain't he?

Still enjoying this, the twist at the end of Friday night's episode was good. I think that the seemingly "one joke" idea of the two men chasing after Sally needs to be toned down a little or at least explored in different ways...it wouldn't be bad for the series to get a little ruder or "risque". It would have been a good idea to have them spying on Sally in the shower for example. It's one of those series where the characters are "long-suffering" or always going round in circles. Still, hopefully they'll have some new plot lines in the upcoming episodes. The show is still very enjoyable along with My Family though, a nice double-whammy on a Friday night.

Quote: Ben @ July 30 2010, 10:45 PM BST

I like Jane Asher's smile. It's nice and reassuring.

Although I don't think she can do much else other than smile.
It looks like a Joker-esque smile shape has been permanently glued across her lips and cheeks.

I can't like Jane Asher after her pathetic stint in Crossroads. She woke up and it was all a dream

In The Old Guys she keeps reminding me of the woman off the peas advert years ago.

I still really struggle to find her believable as the 'crumpet' role, albeit an aged one.

The one from the library would have been a better choice.

As for Asher, just like a crumpet she comes in a plastic wrapping.

:D

Quote: David Carmon @ August 2 2010, 1:12 AM BST

I can't like Jane Asher after her pathetic stint in Crossroads. She woke up and it was all a dream

In The Old Guys she keeps reminding me of the woman off the peas advert years ago.

Do you mean Julie Peasgood?

(No - I'm not joking)

Yes that's her, I did know her name I just couldn't be arsed writing it.

Roger Lloyd-pack and Clive Swift are not happy.

Thought I was getting a punch?

A good episode tonight with plenty of laughs, I thought. None of the plots seemed to reach conclusive or satisfying ends though.

Yeap, agree with Ben. Funny. But if we submitted a script with that ending we would be shot. Aren't the ends meant to tie up?

Was better than last week.

Was a very funny episode last night. The thing about Sally is, she's very important to the show as all the plots seem to revolve around her, yet I find her character extremely annoying. She just doesn't seem to make sense. This week it was the way she was reacting to that male surgeon, it was just a total and unfunny overeaction. Also the way she was hinting at presents annoyed me. Last week she was also really difficult to understand, cancelling her date with Rajan so she could have a bath. It's just too unbelivable.
She is just there for plot, yet her character makes no sense. Make her more believable and you'll have a much better show in my opinion.

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 7 2010, 10:51 PM BST

Was a very funny episode last night. The thing about Sally is, she's very important to the show as all the plots seem to revolve around her, yet I find her character extremely annoying. She just doesn't seem to make sense. This week it was the way she was reacting to that male surgeon, it was just a total and unfunny overeaction. Also the way she was hinting at presents annoyed me. Last week she was also really difficult to understand, cancelling her date with Rajan so she could have a bath. It's just too unbelivable.
She is just there for plot, yet her character makes no sense. Make her more believable and you'll have a much better show in my opinion.

I don't get something about her... Are you meant to like her? I did at first but I feel she can be quite insensitive, naive and not quite the sexy older woman that she should be. Surely she should be played much more sexy and less bitchy? She seems very ungrateful. Not sure if they are going with that angle, maybe I'm looking too much into it. It would be nice to see developments in the situation....

Quite liked the episode from last night, though I wasn't keen on Plastic Asher's Afghanistan 'joke' was a bit tasteless really. I'm never easily shocked or offended and for some reason I had the desire to punch Jane Bacon Rasher very hard, or melt her face with candle.