The Old Guys - Series 2 Page 4

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 16 2010, 11:42 PM BST

But it wasn't said as a joke, the bald one just said he was going to use a foot spa, cue close up on a foot spa and laughter. Bit odd. Anyway, this wasn't awful or anything, just didn't do anything for me.

Again, that's its appeal. Numbing safety. In the same way that being in a coma is probably quite nice.

Roger Lloyd Pack seems to have a bit of a tremour to him; Parkinson's?

I didn't notice anything!

He's got good hair for a man his age.

Quote: zooo @ July 17 2010, 10:23 AM BST

I didn't notice anything!

Yeah, right at the start, pouring tea. It could simply be a great piece of acting, of course; or DTs.

Did anyone else think the woman reminded them a bit of an older Olivia Coleman?

I enjoyed it, as inoffensive comedy goes. Interesting to hear an interview with Lloyd Pack on Front Row last week, where he said he didn't want it to be called The Old Guys, because of the word 'Old'.

Roger has had them trembly voice all through this and the last series.

I think there have been a couple of references which push it past the watershed.

I'm not a 60 year old woman, but I do have a feeling Roger might be quite attractive to them, compared to most other older men.

Quote: zooo @ July 17 2010, 1:13 PM BST

I'm not a 60 year old woman

:O

Another good episode last night. Does anyone know if a 3rd series or a Christmas special is in the offing?

Edited by Aaron - capitals.

Yeah, another good episode. I like how they are friends but always trying to outwit each other. I hope they go for slightly more adventurous plots in future and the BBC upgrade the budget, (which is unlikely unless viewing figures soar) so they can have more interesting locations etc.

Just a side note....

One of the shows I've always wanted to see back for a special is Keeping Up Appearances, mainly because I thought it was never given a proper conclusion.

I know it was meant to be like that, Hyacinth fails to climb the social ladder, Richard is long-suffering, Daisy and Rose are "unlucky in love" and Onslow is eternally lazy. But now that Roy Clarke has finished with Last of the Summer Wine, it'd be nice to see the remaining cast, minus Rose and Daddy obviously, back for a one-off special... I dunno what would happen in it, but some simple but satisfying conclusion would be great such as perhaps Richard seeing a bit of freedom, Onslow putting on a tie without being told... something that would play on the original series' funniest and most notorious elements and use that to create the comedy for a better conclusion.

Just an idea...

Another good episode. Friday night comedy on the Beeb is actually pretty decent with this and My Family. I enjoyed the episode although I would like to see them get up to something else apart from chasing Sally.