The Old Guys - Series 2 Page 11

Again it was ok. However, I'd like to see a bit more inventiveness with the plots. The one where Tom moved out and had the problems with the burglar alarm was very entertaining and, dare I say it, the best of the series. More like that, please.

Well, last of the series, not bad but I'm not actually keen on the characters of Amber or Steve, especially Steve who is annoying as f**k. Maybe I wasn't in the best of moods last night? I should have been because I'd had a great day but this seemed a bit of a poor series end. I expected it to advance a little further? Like them actually get married or whatever. It'd be an interesting Christmas special if they carry on from where they left off with Tom and Roy on holiday.

Is it getting a special at Christmas?

The ratings have been awful for this series, not even in the BBC One top 30 for the week for any of the episodes.

I haven't found this sitcom funny. It was the winning sitcom in the Last Laugh Beeb competition five or six years back

Quote: David Carmon @ August 14 2010, 3:24 PM BST

Quite liked the episode from last night, though I wasn't keen on Plastic Asher's Afghanistan 'joke' was a bit tasteless really. I'm never easily shocked or offended and for some reason I had the desire to punch Jane Bacon Rasher very hard, or melt her face with candle.

What was her joke? I can't remember it.

Something about putting her shares in arms or the army or something or something to do with weapons, then saying she was the only one winning in Afghanistan.

Sick ginger bitch.

I loved that, thought it very funny.

I see the humour, I just didn't find it funny, especially as a friend has just gone there and left a wife and 3 kids back home.

Not like he was conscripted or press-ganged though, so...

True, but I still think it was a bad joke. Just like Jane Bacon Rasher Asher's career.

She should have stuck with Macca, she would have saved us from Heather Mills.

I thought the first series was better.

I agree.

I'm not quite sure what I didn't like so much.

Quote: Aaron @ August 15 2010, 1:00 PM BST

Not like he was conscripted or press-ganged though, so...

I thought it was the funniest thing she'd said all series. It's not Jane Asher's fault, it's that the scriptwriter have made her character a bit of a pain in the arse.

I thought it was a very good end. Series 2 was decent, but I preferred the first series.

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 16 2010, 3:13 PM BST

I thought it was the funniest thing she'd said all series. It's not Jane Asher's fault, it's that the scriptwriter have made her character a bit of a pain in the arse.

I thought it was a very good end. Series 2 was decent, but I preferred the first series.

Agreed on her joke, and on the series comparison and review.