The Old Guys - Series 2 Page 12

I also preferred the first series I think, I really enjoyed The Quiz Night episode but I think it's getting a bit repetitive, if they do make a third series they are gonna have to shake things up abit.

Anybody else like Sally's paintings from Episode 3? I especially liked the one of Roy and I think they should auction them off on eBay for charity or something. I really like Roy with the blue hair treatment. Although if I won the auction I wouldn't know whether to display it in the bathroom or the closet! :)

I LOVED them. :)

I was expecting to see:

'It's been axed'

Perish the thought! Being American I have had to work really hard to see most of series 1 and 2 and (like everyone else) wait the year and a half gap between series. I feel they owe me at least 3 more series and..............maybe a Christmas special! Long live The Old Guys.

Quote: honora @ October 7 2010, 4:07 PM BST

I feel they owe me at least 3 more series

I feel like they owe the creators of Grumpy Old Men royalties. At least when Americans remake Britcoms credit is given.

Quote: MTpromises @ October 7 2010, 10:13 PM BST

I feel like they owe the creators of Grumpy Old Men royalties. At least when Americans remake Britcoms, credit is given.

But they're usually complete shit in all fairness.

Did we get Grumpy Old Men here?

Grumpy Old Men is a BBC series.

Furry muff then, can't remember ever seeing it, I'm assuming it was a BBC2 hidden series.

Not really. Pretty big - but it's not a sitcom.

If it was on BBC Two I would have missed it, only thing on that channel is (please Google BBC Two listings).

Any new yet if it's getting a new series (The Old Guys) ?

I would be a little surprised if it didn't, but no solid word as yet as far as I know.

OK, I was able to find all but episode 2 of series 2 and the hospital episode was my definite fave! Loved the Coast book and knee writing, and Trevor Peacock makes must watch TV for me. Too bad he wasn't in an episode with his daughter in law though. Tom talking to the doc at the candy machine was hilarious!Quotable gold there.

Anyway, other votes for favourite episode? Also, I thought Amber and Steve should have got married because they are crazy enough to handle each others families.

One more quick note, I liked how the relationship with Tom and Amber seems to be getting better. I really liked how he defended her when she broke Sally's tree and ripped out all her plants. Poor Amber, now she'll have to go back to planting tomatoes and pretending to go to yoga class! LOL

In my opinion Series 2 was far better than Series 1. Let's hope another series comes out. Great to see Clive Swift in it as well. :D

Quote: David Carmon @ October 7 2010, 10:20 PM BST

But they're usually complete shit in all fairness.

Did we get Grumpy Old Men here?

Yea, just IMDB'ed it and it was in theaters on June 19, 1994 in the UK. Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon do the old guy rivalry for Ann Margret.