The Old Guys - Series 2 Page 9

I just find Clive Swift and Roger Lloyd Pack unwatchable.

Quote: Timbo @ July 26 2010, 2:03 PM BST

I just find Clive Swift and Roger Lloyd Pack unwatchable.

Blimey. Well that's The Old Guys knackered for you, then.

I'm not keen on Janes Asher either.

Quote: Timbo @ July 26 2010, 2:05 PM BST

I'm not keen on Janes Asher either.

Merely not keen? Or is she too unwatchable?

I like Jane Asher's smile. It's nice and reassuring.

Tonight's episode was ok. Some nice lines here and there, but not up to last week's high standards.

Not watched tonight's episode. Just back from the pub. But according to the Radio Times, this week's episode is the best yet.

It was good again. I really like Lloyd Pack's performance; Swift is a bit dodgy though.

I still can't 'like' it. It's okay but it doesn't seem to go anywhere. Let's just hope it's not allowed to continue for another 29 series.

Tonight was alright, but nothing special.

I'm getting tired of the 'Let's both do our best to please Jane Asher so she will go out with one of us' plots.

They try so hard to impress her and are so pervy over her that I'm surprised they've not tried date rape yet. They could inject a bit of excitement with Jane Asher waking up in the middle of them both and wondering what the hell has happened.

Quote: Aaron @ July 31 2010, 12:42 AM BST

Tonight was alright, but nothing special.

Yeah agree with that. It was okay, but certainly not the best so far. Sally annoys me a bit, you don't know what she wants. One moment, she was looking forward to going out with Rajan and was well dressed up for it, yet she turned him down at the last minute so she could have a bath. Last week's episode was funnier by far.
I actually think this current 10th series of My Family has been funnier than the second series of The Old Guys.

I liked the posh builder.

Sally is a bit annoying. But hopefully she's supposed to be. They view her as a paragon of perfectness. But she's actually a bit thick, and bit stupid and kind of a selfish cow.

Hopefully that's how we're meant to see her. :/

I don't really see her as selfish. I think the men are supposed to look stupid for pursuing her and have rather selfish intentions.

All three of them are idiots. The men are childish.

Luckily it's still fun to watch.