The Old Guys - Series 2

Good news!

Series 2 of The Old Guys starts Friday 9th July at 9.30pm on BBC One for a six episode run.

If you didn't bother with series one or couldn't get into it, check it out, as it's actually pretty good stuff.

In a double-bill with the new series of My Family. Should be a good hour's TV for me!

Really? Man that's good news, thanks guys!!

Looking forward to this definetly. Is the DVD of the first series out yet?

Quote: Jack Massey @ June 30 2010, 12:10 PM BST

Yep.

[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/13439082/The-Old-Guys-Series-1-Box-Set/Product.html]

Quote: Jack Massey @ June 30 2010, 12:10 PM BST

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_old_guys/buy/

Lovely, at one end of the Spectrum, The IT Crowd ... and a gentle comedy on the other, The Old Guys!!!

Now I remember why nobody does it better than BRITISH TELLY!! *THUMBS UP*

All the best,
Cal :)

Quote: SivoxII @ July 1 2010, 6:09 AM BST

Lovely, at one end of the Spectrum, The IT Crowd ... and a gentle comedy on the other, The Old Guys!!!

Now I remember why nobody does it better than BRITISH TELLY!! *THUMBS UP*

All the best,
Cal :)

I wouldn't say it's gentle, as such. There's just about enough edge for it be worthwhile. It must have a bit of edge, I mean, it's on at half past nine.

Don't forget, this starts tonight. An actual new British Comedy. Cor!

Well not quite new.

Quite a good one. Good to see the lovely Cherie - and also Jeremy Clyde who people of my age (old guys) will know was a 1960s pop star.

Hahahahaha, that was hillarious tonight, a cut above My Family, the ending was really funny. Definitely a sharp and witty comedy with some good slapstick/physical comedy too, it's hit its stride I think, seems familiar but also fresh.

Weird how Vincent Ebrahim from the Kumars played a barman in 'After You've Gone' with Nicholas Lyndhurst, and is now playing another barman in this - with Roger Lloyd Pack. It's almost the same character, but I think he's a very likeable actor, and it's good when he turns up in things.

He is usually very funny and his sarcasm is good. I did notice the overlap but I also enjoyed After You've Gone for what it was. It's a pity they didn't do another series and shake things up a little with that one.

Decent opener I thought tonight, I enjoyed it, great to have it back again. Needs to improve, but a decent opener to the second series all the same.