The Old Guys - Series 2 Page 7

Quote: Jack Massey @ July 22 2010, 10:58 AM BST

First Series- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGFa7AuVxFQ

That's not RLP. Unless he's deliberately impersonating Cutler, accent and all.

I don't even remember those opening credits. Is that just the pilot?

Quote: zooo @ July 22 2010, 11:08 AM BST

I don't even remember those opening credits. Is that just the pilot?

First series.

Weird. Don't recognise them!
I must go around with my eyes closed.

Maybe you should listen to an album by Ivor Cutler. I'm sure you'd love it.

Is very funny this week.
Others have said it before, but this one is the first time it's reminded me of Peep Show.

And whoever painted those three paintings is a flipping genius. I want to buy them all!

I Christen this series OAPeep Show.

Quote: zooo @ July 23 2010, 9:54 PM BST

And whoever painted those three paintings is a flipping genius. I want to buy them all!

Yes, I liked them too! Odd that Jane Asher also played a painter in a recent Sarah Jane adventure.
Loved the flat.

Really very funny tonight.

Quote: zooo @ July 23 2010, 9:54 PM BST

Yeah, they were actually really good! Reminded me of the kind of thing Vic Reeves does.

It was obvious that this was supposed to be episode one though, what with them just visiting that deli for the first time, even though they already had in previous episodes. No, the 'six months earlier' caption shoved at the start isn't fooling anyone!

But a very funny episode, so much better this week.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 23 2010, 10:33 PM BST

Yeah, they were actually really good! Reminded me of the kind of thing Vic Reeves does.

Ah yes! I thought they reminded me of something.

I really want to know who painted them, now. It wasn't in the credits.

Great stuff tonight. Makes me want to go out and grow a moustache.

I missed the "6 months earlier" caption, so was confused that they didn't seem to recognise the deli owner.

I think the Peep Show similarities are fairly slim. I'm not sure how a trad sitcom could ever be remotely like Peep Show. All I can see is that one of the duo is more clever than the other, but isn't that an integral part of most sitcoms?

Quote: zooo @ July 23 2010, 10:39 PM BST

I really want to know who painted them, now. It wasn't in the credits.

Who cares?! As if you'd go out and buy one! Laughing out loud

Quote: Ben @ July 23 2010, 10:49 PM BST

I think the Peep Show similarities are fairly slim. I'm not sure how a trad sitcom could ever be remotely like Peep Show. All I can see is that one of the duo is more clever than the other, but isn't that an integral part of most sitcoms?

It's the dynamic between the characters, and that they're very much Mark and Jeremy thirty years into the future. And Peep Show's quite a traditional sitcom in many ways.

The main time it reminded me of Peep Show was when Lloyd Pack said that he obviously couldn't sleep in his room yet because it was dark and terrifying.