The Old Guys - Series 2 Page 3

Hadn't seen this before, but was pleasantly surprised. It's quite old fashioned in terms of pace, plotting and humour, but that's not a bad thing.

Nice to see two 'usually supporting actors' getting lead roles and playing them well.

Why's it on so late though? Seems more like a 7.30pm family show.

With this and Miranda, is it possible that the BBC are making good family comedy again?!

I do like the baldy Keeping Up Appearances fella's performance better than the Trigger Cyber controller fella.

How old is the KUA bloke now anway? 70s? I thought he was that 20 years ago...

Nice Syd Barrett joke in tonight's episode too.

Some great stuff this week, funnier than the first I think. For some reason I was particularly tickled by the Robin Day references.

Nothing special, but it's growing on me. Getting to rather enjoy it. That said they really have just taken the Peep Show dynamic, sanded off the jagged bits, and projected it 30 years into the future. All we need is a geriatric Superhans equivalent.

Where is Katherine Parkinson? :(

Did I miss something?? There were a couple of mildly amusing bits right near the end, but the rest was, well, nothing.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 16 2010, 11:20 PM BST

Did I miss something?? There were a couple of mildly amusing bits right near the end, but the rest was, well, nothing.

Yes. But I think its appeal is that it's a nice safe "comfort sitcom".

Quote: chipolata @ July 16 2010, 11:24 PM BST

Yes. But I think its appeal is that it's a nice safe "comfort sitcom".

Hm, and apparently some people find the words 'foot spa' highly amusing, judging by the laughter it generated when mentioned in tonights episode.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry, it got me again...

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 16 2010, 11:35 PM BST

Hm, and apparently some people find the words 'foot spa' highly amusing, judging by the laughter it generated when mentioned in tonights episode.

Well, that can happen with any comedy. Something that tickles one person leaves someone else cold.

Quote: chipolata @ July 16 2010, 11:40 PM BST

Well, that can happen with any comedy. Something that tickles one person leaves someone else cold.

But it wasn't said as a joke, the bald one just said he was going to use a foot spa, cue close up on a foot spa and laughter. Bit odd.

Anyway, this wasn't awful or anything, just didn't do anything for me.

As I remember it, I think he was describing what he was about to do on his fun night in, and he ended the description with 'a lukewarm footspa'.
So it kind of was a joke.

Quote: zooo @ July 16 2010, 11:45 PM BST

As I remember it, I think he was describing what he was about to do on his fun night in, and he ended the description with 'a lukewarm footspa'.
So it kind of was a joke.

You're a generous soul, Zooo.

:D