The Old Guys - Series 2 Page 2

First time I've watched this and I was disappointed. Not bad, but it struck me as pretty generic sitcom fare. And you can never shake the feeling that you're just watching Mark and Jeremy thirty years into the future with all the edge taken off.

I think Clive Swift has been a little typecast from KUA. I keep expecting Hyacinth to turn up!

I notice they're singing the theme tune ..........

Cherie & Jane, decisions decisions.....

It had it's moments, but wasn't brilliant, I'll watch it again next week and possibly the week after to be sure and not just for the older women.

Didn't see the first series as I was always in work and couldn't be naffed to watch it on iPlayer.

It was ookay, nothing special, had small moments where I half grinned but not something I'd be gutted to miss (unlike the repeats of Miranda).

I suspect it will go down as one of those sitcoms you totally forget about until 10 years later when someone mentions it or posts a clip on YouTube.

Heartburn Hotel
Dr Willoughby
So Haunt Me

And the list goes on......

If Cherie Lunghi appears every week, I shall be a loyal viewer.
I hope Mark and Jeremy don't end up like those two...

Quote: David Carmon @ July 10 2010, 1:32 AM BST

Didn't see the first series as I was always in work and couldn't be naffed to watch it on iPlayer.

It was ookay, nothing special, had small moments where I half grinned but not something I'd be gutted to miss (unlike the repeats of Miranda).

I suspect it will go down as one of those sitcoms you totally forget about until 10 years later when someone mentions it or posts a clip on YouTube.

Heartburn Hotel
Dr Willoughby
So Haunt Me

And the list goes on......

The first series was great and last nights episode was good, but there were many better episodes from Series 1.
You know Chappers is getting on a bit when he lusts after that woman who played the librarian last night.

Quote: Jack Massey @ July 10 2010, 1:22 PM BST

The first series was great and last nights episode was good, but there were many better episodes from Series 1.
You know Chappers is getting on a bit when he lusts after that woman who played the librarian last night.

I remember her when she was only a football manageress.

Whilst watching this, I became fascinated with seeing how far Jane Asher could raise her eyebrows. Sometimes it was as much as 3 mm.

Jane Asher appears to have developed a beak.

Apart from that, I enjoyed it. A lovely, gentle half-hour's comedy. Some good laughs, but as has been stated there were definitely better eps in Series 1. It wasn't so slow that it was in any way out of nature for the show though, or surprising in any way. Good stuff.

She was looking odd in the close ups.
Hopefully soon people might realise how shit surgery looks and start aging normally again. Surely they'll work out it's better than looking non-human.

She's got to be nearly 65.

Really enjoyed episode one of series 2. Tom and Roy bounce off each other really well, this could be a hit show. Wonder if there will be a Christmas special this year, and hopefully a 3rd series.

Edited by Aaron - capitalisation.

Good first ep. Anything that ends with an old man embarrassing himself on a toilet floor is fine by me!

For those of you not convinced by this ep., give it another go this week. That's written by the show's creators.

Ep 2 of this tonight. Written by the show's creators. So for those of you who didn't get off on on last week's, have another go this week.