Newsjack - Series 3 Page 39

Quote: chipolata @ July 20 2010, 6:51 PM BST

They're worried about Keith Chegwin.

Laughing out loud

Did we all loose enthusiasm at the end then?

I managed one sketch yesterday, and totally forgot the vox-pops today. Submitted something every week though, which gives me a strange sense of pride (despite the complete absence of any success).

Might try getting into the treason show for once...

I hope the in-house team do something about Cameron meeting a black man.

3 sketches 12 quickies

Like the healthy bowel my shite comes nice and regular

Quote: Badge @ July 20 2010, 11:14 PM BST

Nice.

But won't you now be a bit miffed if the in house team do one and it gets a big laugh - you being deadline excluded and all?

Quote: Badge @ July 20 2010, 11:14 PM BST

And did he tell him that asylum seekers had gone to far and long term unemployed people were fighting with buses on his street?

Quote: Bomsh @ July 21 2010, 5:39 AM BST

Nice.

But won't you now be a bit miffed if the in house team do one and it gets a big laugh - you being deadline excluded and all?

So why is there a deadline that they don't even stick to?

Quote: Bomsh @ July 21 2010, 5:39 AM BST

Nice.

Not really. They've got to have a cut off point for open door stuff or they'd never get a show made, and to keep it topical that means late news must be covered in house. Besides, I haven't actually written a gag.

If you have time, we're still on the lookout for last-minute corrections-Melvyn Bragg,Tendulkar's book?slightly left-field subjects good...

http://twitter.com/NewsjackBBC

Quote: Jinky @ July 21 2010, 10:38 AM BST

If you have time, we're still on the lookout for last-minute corrections-Melvyn Bragg,Tendulkar's book?slightly left-field subjects good...

http://twitter.com/NewsjackBBC

Ooh - thanks Jinky. Maybe I will do a gag after all!

Quote: Badge @ July 21 2010, 9:52 AM BST

Not really. They've got to have a cut off point for open door stuff or they'd never get a show made, and to keep it topical that means late news must be covered in house. Besides, I haven't actually written a gag.

I agree with Badge - it's the only way you can practically run an open door topical show given the amount of submissions that are sent in. Plus they've even added the Twitter page for the odd occasion when they are short on particular things, rather than taking the usual/simpler route of just asking the writing team to fill gaps.

Also from Twitter -

1) Dizzee Rascal fronting the Sun's "Column Idol" competition?!

2) Thanks for all your submissions. Got a funny South Bank one so thank you v much for that

D'oh I sent in a Dizzee and a Tendulkar one!

Quote: StephenM @ July 21 2010, 12:36 PM BST

D'oh I sent in a Dizzee and a Tendulkar one!

I did a Tendulkar one as well.

As I had to spend a fair bit of time Googling the bloke and then finding out why he was newsworthy, it was interesting trying to write a 'funny' that non-cricket fans might at least understand, if not laugh at.

I'm a cricket fan and still had to Google what was newsworthy about his book.

In fact had to Google all 3 stories, hardly ideal for writing a quick joke that everyone will understand.

I sent in a South Bank one pretty early this morning. I hope it's mine.