Newsjack - Series 3 Page 38

Quote: chipolata @ July 16 2010, 1:23 PM BST

Even if 90 percent of what they get is dreck, the other ten percent could probably make twenty odd shows of equal quality. It's a lottery.

I don't think the 10% of good stuff would make a bad show. And I honestly think they get more than 10% good stuff, they just chose to ignore it because it's weird, rude, or not topical.

I only realised very recently that Miles Jupp used to be Archie in Balamory. I kind of preferred it when he took a pot, took a yoghurt pot top and said 'look, it's a (rather crap) car"

Quote: Jinky @ July 16 2010, 2:54 PM BST

Watched 'Rev' all the way through just because Miles Jupp is in it.

On the plus side, I haven't started carrying around a Moleskine notebook to jot down ideas.

I've put a series link for Rev. on my V+ box. Actually quite like it.

And I bought a Moleskin notebook earlier this year.

It's too late for me, leave me here.

Quote: StephenM @ July 16 2010, 7:25 PM BST

It's too late for me, leave me here.

We made puns, we knew we made them; things have come out against us, and therefore we have no cause for complaint, but bow to the will of Dan Tetsell, determined still to do our best to the last ... Had we got a sketch on, I should have had a tale to tell of the hardihood, endurance, and courage of my companions which would have stirred the heart of every Englishman. These rough notes and our lack of auto reply messages must tell the tale....

(with apologies to Scott of the Antarctic)

I've done bugger all this week. I'm Newsjacked out. It doesn't help that the news is mainly the collapse of a travel company. Pretty slim pickings.

Quote: chipolata @ July 18 2010, 12:04 PM BST

I've done bugger all this week. I'm Newsjacked out. It doesn't help that the news is mainly the collapse of a travel company. Pretty slim pickings.

Yes I used the collapse of the travel company, at least obliquely. I think I've justified using expert sketches by the fact that my stuff is so weird that probably won't get on, but if its an expert sketch it least bears some sort of resemblance to the show...

One and a half sketches this week.

(I assume that material for Miles' Intros count as a sketch)

I'm quite pleased with the cleverness of my main sketch. But clever doesn't mean funny....

One last throw of the dice for me. One sketch, will probably get some Vox Pops off tomorrow as well.

I've got a sketch off.

I'll discharge some nuggets tomorrow. It's that good.

Quote: Big Jack @ July 19 2010, 11:58 PM BST

I've got a sketch off.

I'll discharge some nuggets tomorrow. It's that good.

Yes, but good sketches aren't necessarily the ones that get on.

Hi there, I have 2 spare tickets to Newsjack tomorrow night to swap for 1 or 2 tickets
for The Unbelievable Truth for either tomorrow or Sunday.
Probably highly unlikely anybody will, but it's worth a try - it's my favourite radio
show and I missed out on tickets:-((
Can meet to exchange in London any time any place!
Email helensimons2@googlemail.com
Thanks for reading:-)

And one feeble voxpop to finish.

End of the series, isn't it?

Not with a bang but a whimper....

People seem to have run out of steam for the last show. Even the Newsjack twitter hasn't been updated since last week. I reckon they're already on their holidays over there.

What has happened to that Twitter feed? 2 weeks of intense activity and then nothing since that erroneous Gazza message.

Quote: StephenM @ July 20 2010, 5:49 PM BST

What has happened to that Twitter feed? 2 weeks of intense activity and then nothing since that erroneous Gazza message.

They're worried about Keith Chegwin.