Newsjack - Series 3 Page 43

No email, but I shouldn't be surprised as I was too busy at a festival all weekend to write any material for the show. So my one vox pop and couple of corrections written on Tuesday were never going to be my best.

Oh well, I'm consoling myself that I made it into one episode in this series.

Quote: chipolata @ July 22 2010, 4:44 PM BST

Most people submit because they want a credit. That's why I do it. I don't enjoy writing for it, though, which might explain why I've got nowhere.

That sums up my view too! I have no love for the show's style, so maybe didn't try as hard as I would for 'Happy and Paul'. Therefore, I don't get bitter either. And, anyway, as long as I can write stuff that Matt Stott approves of, then I'll be happy.

After five weeks banging on all the doors, seemingly trapped in the corridor of despondency, I've eventually fallen through one marked 'Last Chance Saloon'.

I wonder if it was one of the Twitter requests, cos that would have been forth minute of injury time in extra-time, last kick of the game sort of stuff.

Dan

Quote: Ben @ July 22 2010, 6:37 PM BST

That sums up my view too! I have no love for the show's style, so maybe didn't try as hard as I would for 'Happy and Paul'. Therefore, I don't get bitter either. And, anyway, as long as I can write stuff that Matt Stott approves of, then I'll be happy.

I'm more into practising my style really. Anyway here are the credits for the last show, not sure why they've left the notes on how to write, there's no more shows left. Congrats to all who got through.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00kvs8r

They've put the credits in the wrong place. Explains why I couldn't find them here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00t4fbl

Dan

as long as I can write stuff that Matt Stott approves of, then I'll be happy.

I dream of one day getting Stott's thumbs up!

Quote: chipolata @ July 22 2010, 7:43 PM BST

I dream of one day getting Stott's thumbs up my bottom!

Give him a biscuit and scratch his ear...

as long as I can write stuff that Matt Stott approves of, then I'll be happy.

And one day you will Ben; one day you will. Whistling nnocently

So, has anybody hit the jackpot with a 10:30 Newsjack credit and an 11pm RFTP credit double?

We'll name it <your username> Night!

Quote: chipolata @ July 22 2010, 7:43 PM BST

I dream of one day getting Stott's thumbs up!

Well, you've got his back up so you're moving around his body slowly...

Dan

I see Swerytd sneaked on at the last minute.

:)

Quote: swerytd @ July 22 2010, 7:48 PM BST

So, has anybody hit the jackpot with a 10:30 Newsjack credit and an 11pm RFTP credit double?

We'll name it <your username> Night!

Dan

Very pleasantly I do have something in both shows. Is that enough to get me the Stott thumbs up treat?

Quote: The Producer @ July 22 2010, 8:15 PM BST

Very pleasantly I do have something in both shows. Is that enough to get me the Stott thumbs up treat?

I'm gutted, couldn't find the motivation for a sketch but sent in some Vox pops at the last minute, thought a couple were worthy but I think that every week!

3 strikeouts, think I'll put the bat away for a bit but I'll be ready to go in time for the next series and armed with a little more knowledge on what they like.

Well done to everyone who heard their stuff in this series, I'm going to set up some email accounts and send myself congratulatory messages and then act surprised when they arrive, I'm particularly looking forward to the one from susannareidlovesspinach@gmail.com

Well at least I can lie in on monday mornings now!

:)

Well done all those who got on tonight & during the series.

let us know which ones to look out for tonight.

Quote: swerytd @ July 22 2010, 7:28 PM BST

After five weeks banging on all the doors, seemingly trapped in the corridor of despondency, I've eventually fallen through one marked 'Last Chance Saloon'.

I wonder if it was one of the Twitter requests, cos that would have been forth minute of injury time in extra-time, last kick of the game sort of stuff.

Dan

I made it in on penalties - gissa high five :)