Newsjack - Series 3 Page 44

<high fives. Rory deliberately misses and slaps Dan in face deservedly after atrocious spelling of 'fourth'>

Dan

Quote: RJ @ July 22 2010, 5:17 PM BST

Ha!

Did anyone here submit a Barry Chuckle/Mandelson's diaries spoof? It was the toast of last night's show and, so I was informed, straight from the slushpile.

Woohoo! That was mine. :D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 22 2010, 8:20 PM BST

Much appreciated!

At least with my piece being rejected, you were spared more about Bruce Forsyth...

It does seem that we've got a lot of success though. Has anyone worked out the statistics for the series?

Well, I can't hang around listening to you lot all night. Doesn't anyone realise it's The Producer Night on BBC Radio?!

Dan

Quote: Tim Azure @ July 22 2010, 10:18 PM BST

It does seem that we've got a lot of success though. Has anyone worked out the statistics for the series?

Not really, but it does feel like at least 30% of the show comes from this thread.

Quote: Trabs @ July 22 2010, 10:01 PM BST

Woohoo! That was mine. :D

Whilst Lewis was at the mic, Miles could barely contain his hysterics. It was a sight that radio just cannot do justice to...

Absolutely top work. Was that your first sketch credit?

Loved the bit that went 'the Chuckle Bros story from me ... to you ... from me ...'! Ace sketch.

Best of the series.

Not just because I managed to get two things on. 'Christmas Newsjack' at the start and a heavily edited 'One Minute Degree' later on.

I'll be on the ceiling if anyone wants me.

(I wish I'd thought of that Horse Racing Theft sketch)

Quote: RJ @ July 22 2010, 10:39 PM BST

Whilst Lewis was at the mic, Miles could barely contain his hysterics. It was a sight that radio just cannot do justice to...

Absolutely top work. Was that your first sketch credit?

Cheers, thanks a lot. Yep that is my first sketch credit, although I also have something coming up in Recorded for Training Purposes in the next few weeks.

Quote: Trabs @ July 22 2010, 11:37 PM BST

Cheers, thanks a lot. Yep that is my first sketch credit, although I also have something coming up in Recorded for Training Purposes in the next few weeks.

Congratulations. For me, it was the highlight of the show. Intrinsically funny.

Agree it was the best of the series.

People might think that's just because I got something on. Well, I listened to it last night and I have *literally* no idea what it is I'm supposed to have written. I'll have a listen again to see if I 'inspired' something else.

Trabs -- your 'The Second Man' sketch was awesome! Nice one, best of a very good show :)

Dan

Wow, feeling the love of this forum. Thank you peeps. Well done to everybody who got stuff on, I agree that it was the best of the series. Loved the horse racing theft sketch, and the Tory Big Society DVD. did anybody on here do the Simply Red/Liverpool Vox Pop? I spent ages trying to come up with something for that, and failed terribly.

I also managed to get a correction on as well, The South Bank one, although they completely changed the punch line.

Ah, found it! Think it was the 'Botox/pummelling' correction though they changed Katie Price to Simon Cowell. Phew! Not a 'pity credit'!

Dan

These are the statistics, as far as I can work out:

103 writers (and the script editor).

BCG users accepted:

Ep #1: 3
Monkey with Typewriter, Ddann, Badge
Ep #2: 1
Ddann
Ep #3: 2
StephenM, Jinky
Ep #4: 4
Jinky, comedybeard, Mikey Jackson, StephenM