Newsjack - Series 3 Page 34

Quote: Trabs @ July 15 2010, 1:12 PM BST

none of them are mine.

"Morning Jackers. Even tho it was one of the oddest things I've EVER seen & is v. topical, please no Gazza stuff for NJ. Too weird already" - hmmph.

Better for them to say 'No Gazza stuff', as it stops them being sent pretty much nothing but. Then they can either pick the one that did turn up which was actually good, or just write one themselves.

Just remembered there was also a sketch about a GP showing off his new golf clubs to a patient and driving around on his golf buggy

Damn!

How did I forget all those 'Doctors play golf' headlines in the papers last week?!

More to do with doctors being put in charge of funding NHS etc :P

one of my stronger Vox Pops was about GP's. reckon that makes it less likely to get on.

Just got the e-mail for the first time ever. And, thanks to a tired moment of pity when I finished my night-shift at Sainsbury's, during the moments my first broadcast joke is on the air I will be sticking Dr Pepper out on the shelves for the good people of Brighton on what should be my night off. I bring laughter and refreshments, at a price.

Well done EB!

Also got the e-mail - must be for a VP or Correction. Hope to see some more BCGers posting the same over the next couple of hours.

I seem to be following the same pattern as last series, i.e. nothing for the first 3, then 2 shows in a row. If the pattern continues I'll get my hopes up massively for a hattrick and then bomb out in show 6 (although this time I won't be at the recording to be depressed in person).

Do the emails all go out at once or do they work their way through them gradually?

I should really put down this last straw I'm clutching!

Well done to those who got in :)

Not received the email. So doubt I've made it into tonight's episode. Oddly, each time I've made it into the show I've only submitted a couple of vox pops and not sketches or corrections.

How can we compete with the comedy genius who writes a sketch about GPs having a lot of money and playing golf?

(Unless it's one of you, in which case well done)

(But if it is, next time try stretching yourself beyond a well-worn cliche)

Again, my cynicism gets the better of me before I've even heard the programme.

Looks like no luck for me this week.

Congrats to all who got on!

And they can stop calling us "Jackers" on Twitter.

Quote: Jinky @ July 15 2010, 5:55 PM BST

Looks like no luck for me this week.

Congrats to all who got on!

Indeed. Congrats to everyone who made it.

I will not burden you with my disappointment, but will instead place it inside a locket marked 'Disappointment' and throw it into the local pond.

List of writers is up:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00t1tn8

The downfall of my Newsjack mojo is somewhat dampened on the news that sootyj is in! Well done, Joel! Back of the net!

Congrats to everyone else too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00t1tn8

Dan