Lizzie And Sarah Page 3

Quote: chipolata @ March 19 2010, 12:08 PM GMT

It was based on a book by Alan De Botton, wasn't it?

Amazing how they found an actor to play him who looks so much like him... Must be like looking in a mirror (or an egghead bore's shiny bald pate)...

Quote: Tim Walker @ March 19 2010, 12:12 PM GMT

Amazing how they found an actor to play him who looks so much like him... Must be like looking in a mirror (or an egghead bore's shiny bald pate)...

I thought Alan was Thinking Woman's Crumpet? A sort of intellectual Jason Statham.

If this is on at quarter to midnight it's dead in the water already, with no chance of a series. Hardly worth staying up for, other than as a curio.

Quote: chipolata @ March 20 2010, 1:42 PM GMT

If this is on at quarter to midnight it's dead in the water already, with no chance of a series. Hardly worth staying up for, other than as a curio.

I don't know, if there's one area of the BBC that really doesn't seem to have a clue what it's doing and is likely to change its mind and direction without warning, then it's BBC Comedy. If there really was absolutely no care for it at all at the Beeb then they could have kept it as a non-broadcast pilot. I very much doubt that they have a legal issue with Baby Cow which might force them to transmit a pilot.

It's made the highlights recommendations of a couple of the newspaper TV sections today, so it may find an audience...

Quote: Tim Walker @ March 20 2010, 1:47 PM GMT

I don't know, if there's one area of the BBC that really doesn't seem to have a clue what it's doing and is likely to change its mind and direction without warning, then it's BBC Comedy. If there really was absolutely no care for it at all at the Beeb then they could have kept it as a non-broadcast pilot. I very much doubt that they have a legal issue with Baby Cow which might force them to transmit a pilot.

It's made the highlights recommendations of a couple of the newspaper TV sections today, so you never know...

Maybe. It feels more BBC Three, although I guess the ages of the lead characters puts them off. Might have been better on BBC Four.

Unfortunatley since the debacle over The Persuasionists, and that limp sitcom about a woman who goes home to live, BBC Two comedy no longer fills me with much hope.

Quote: chipolata @ March 20 2010, 1:50 PM GMT

Unfortunatley since the debacle over The Persuasionists, and that limp sitcom about a woman who goes home to live, BBC Two comedy no longer fills me with much hope.

Wasn't the brilliant Psychoville on Beeb 2 last year? I have to say I actually quite liked Home Time too. It is more than a touch odd the time given to this show though; I'll definitely be watching, there are too many great people involved not too.

The Pall Bearer's Revue was pretty dark as a show, but then that's just Sadowitz in general. Didn't the BBC relegate that to a late night/graveyard slot? And now they refuse to ever release it on DVD. WTF is up with that BBC? Why refuse to release it...it makes no sense. Idiots.

Qazeleus, DVD releases are not the BBC's choice.

I would assume they own the rights to it? If Sadowitz himself owns the rights then its safe to say we will never see it again and it will never get released.

Yes, they almost certainly do own the rights; but they don't release DVDs.

Who decides what gets released then?