Lizzie And Sarah Page 8

Quote: sglen @ March 25 2010, 8:34 PM GMT

Jessica Hynz (have I spelled that right?)

Good God, no.

*Hynes*

Quote: shaggy292 @ March 25 2010, 8:35 PM GMT

Good God, no.

*Hynes*

Ha, thank you!

Quote: sglen @ March 25 2010, 8:34 PM GMT

This was also my friend's opinion. She said she could have done with greater realism and a little more motivation on the men's part because they appeared to be bastards for no reason.

For me, all of that was just part of the joke.

I agree. I'm a bit late to this thread but wanted to chalk up one on the tally for the 'really liked it' side of the argument.

The first half was sooo bleak, but the follow on revenge killings, strangely, added a light hearted touch to the show. It ended rather abruptly though I thought - as if they'd just run out of time so stopped the film there in the editing suite.

Whether there's a full series in the show it's hard to say (it'd have to follow them on the run?), but as a one-off it was excellent I thought. Great acting too I ought to add.

Yes that's one BBC pilot that really worked for me, for a change, it had some great characters - but their major problem is they have killed the other main characters, so where DO they go from here? I can't help thinking that with a little more dosh they could have made a very funny one off TV film like they occasionally do, or used to do.

Well they may have killed the characters, but it was only a pilot. Series 1, episode 1, has no obligation to continue the narrative from where a pilot left off!

Quote: Aaron @ March 27 2010, 5:31 PM GMT

Well they may have killed the characters, but it was only a pilot. Series 1, episode 1, has no obligation to continue the narrative from where a pilot left off!

True, but in narrative comedy, you don't do your show's commissioning chances any favours by killing off your main characters in the pilot.

It's been a while since I saw it, but weren't a few key characters killed at the end of series 1 of Nighty Night, who then went on to pop up again in the 2nd series?

The 2nd series of Nighty Night was very weak by comparison to the 1st.

Agreed, but that wasn't my question.

Quote: chipolata @ March 27 2010, 9:41 PM GMT

It's been a while since I saw it, but weren't a few key characters killed at the end of series 1 of Nighty Night, who then went on to pop up again in the 2nd series?

Well, there was a character we thought was dead but turned out to be alive... but Kevin Eldon and Michael Fenton Stevens were killed on screen (if I remember rightly), something they no doubt regretted doing when they were awarded a second series.

I agree with the above though - there's nothing stopping them doing it, but if Lizzie And Sarah did return for a full series it'd just be too odd if the husbands and babysitter were suddenly alive again (unless it is delivered as some kind of prequel?).

I really liked Lizzie & Sarah too. The general story was quite predictable but it was very well played and extremely funny in places, making me laugh out loud. The pathos in the first half was incredible; hence the bleakness.

Somebody mentioned it made Nighty Night look like good taste, but I didn't think that was the case. I sympathised with these characters whereas I found it difficult to even empathise with Jill as she was a *really* nasty piece of work whose motivation was hard to figure out.

Agree that I can't see how they'd do a series from this point and can imagine they'd start again, but drag the same story out over six episodes, with the killing starting small and exacerbating each week. Maybe with them going all Thelma & Louise by the end. Mouth To Mouth rebooted for the first series from the pilot, so would see this going the same way.

Anyway, top marks!

Dan

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned already, but the pilot for the series is to be sold on iTunes from tomorrow.

Source from Facebook

I missed this Teary , I'd never even heard of it until the first 2 episodes aired (I'm new by the way, hi :D). I want to watch it badly but can't find it any where online, was it any good???

Quote: Bucket o laughs @ March 31 2010, 11:01 PM BST

I missed this Teary , I'd never even heard of it until the first 2 episodes aired (I'm new by the way, hi :D). I want to watch it badly but can't find it any where online, was it any good???

You only missed a pilot, cos a pilot is all they've recorded. So don't be too dismayed. :)

And welcome btw. Wave

Quote: swerytd @ March 28 2010, 6:10 PM BST

I really liked Lizzie & Sarah too. The general story was quite predictable but it was very well played and extremely funny in places, making me laugh out loud. The pathos in the first half was incredible; hence the bleakness.

Somebody mentioned it made Nighty Night look like good taste, but I didn't think that was the case. I sympathised with these characters whereas I found it difficult to even empathise with Jill as she was a *really* nasty piece of work whose motivation was hard to figure out.

Agree that I can't see how they'd do a series from this point and can imagine they'd start again, but drag the same story out over six episodes, with the killing starting small and exacerbating each week. Maybe with them going all Thelma & Louise by the end. Mouth To Mouth rebooted for the first series from the pilot, so would see this going the same way.

Anyway, top marks!

Dan

Ahh, it looks like I'm going to have to track it down online some how, this has made me want to watch it even more Wave

Quote: Tim Walker @ March 31 2010, 11:03 PM BST

You only missed a pilot, cos a pilot is all they've recorded. So don't be too dismayed. :)

And welcome btw. Wave

Ohhh right, I assumed I'd missed the first 2 because of the original air date, do you know when the rest of the series is due to air? Hello to you too Laughing out loud Wave