Things that piss you off Page 812

Oops.

Well it looked fun when the baddies in Stand By Me did it.

Quote: zooo @ January 14 2012, 12:04 AM GMT

Although I suppose they're quite easy for people to steal post from. Or put rubbish in...

Both are federal crimes so they don't happen very often. We're a little more concerned about privacy and personal space, so it's better than having a hole into the outside world that people can put stuff into. :O

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 14 2012, 12:34 AM GMT

The 'sport' was for teenage boys to ride around in cars with baseball bats and to try and knock the mailboxes over.

I was pretty good at hitting them with beer bottles from a moving car as a young teenager. :(

Quote: DaButt @ January 14 2012, 3:07 AM GMT

Both are federal crimes so they don't happen very often. We're a little more concerned about privacy and personal space, so it's better than having a hole into the outside world that people can put stuff into. :O

Huh?

I think having your post delivered straight into your house is a bit more private than having it sit at the bottom of your garden in an unlocked box...

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant.

Quote: DaButt @ January 14 2012, 3:07 AM GMT

Plus it helps that most of the mail in your country is worthless junk, so it doesn't matter if it's shoved in a bin-on-a-stick on the lawn.

Quote: zooo @ January 14 2012, 12:44 AM GMT

Oops.

Well it looked fun when the baddies in Stand By Me did it.

Were they really proper baddies, zooo? Or just boistrous teenaged boys? Eh?

Kiefer Sutherland had a knife!

He threatened to kill lovely River Phoenix and pathetic tiny Wil Wheaton. He was puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure evil. And he made jokes about his lovely dead brother John Cusack.

You should be ashamed of yourself, chip...

AND HE STOLE HIS HAT!

Quote: zooo @ January 14 2012, 1:30 PM GMT

Kiefer Sutherland had a knife!

He threatened to kill lovely River Phoenix and pathetic tiny Wil Wheaton. He was puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure evil. And he made jokes about his lovely dead brother John Cusack.

You should be ashamed of yourself, chip...

AND HE STOLE HIS HAT!

Stick to Gary Barlow, zooo! Us bad boys play by a different set of rules. Cool

Pfffffffff.

If you had a knife it'd be for ease of opening satsumas.

Quote: zooo @ January 14 2012, 11:48 AM GMT

Huh?

I think having your post delivered straight into your house is a bit more private than having it sit at the bottom of your garden in an unlocked box...

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant.

I was speaking of our feelings of privacy in our own homes. If a postman or meter reader tried to enter our houses he'd likely be shot. "A man's home is his castle" etc.

You don't have any castles

Noob!

Quote: DaButt @ January 14 2012, 4:51 PM GMT

I was speaking of our feelings of privacy in our own homes. If a postman or meter reader tried to enter our houses he'd likely be shot. "A man's home is his castle" etc.

What a lovely country...

The postman doesn't come in the house! Rolling eyes

I was speaking of our feelings of privacy in our own homes. If a postman or meter reader tried to enter our houses he'd likely be shot.

Why would a postman try to the enter the house? They put letters through the letterbox and walk away. You really are a nation of lilly-livered yellow-bellied cowards, DaButt!

Quote: zooo @ January 14 2012, 12:04 AM GMT

I've always fancied one of those American postboxes. They look fun.

Although I suppose they're quite easy for people to steal post from. Or put rubbish in...

... or set alight around Guy Fawkes time, like they do with pillar boxes.

Quote: zooo @ January 14 2012, 5:10 PM GMT

What a lovely country...

The postman doesn't come in the house! Rolling eyes

But he always rings twice . .

Bloody hell. They do ask before they enter. Would they get shot regardless?

Why are you surprised?

It's a country that was founded when loads of people with guns pitched up and decided they wanted to take it for themselves and any of the people that already lived there got a bullet in the head if they so much as objected to having all their land robbed

USA - built by the gun

Bad habits die hard