Things that piss you off Page 817

Quote: reds @ January 18 2012, 3:47 PM GMT

preferably a thong (flip flop to you)

Good you clarified that, zooo could have done some real damage to native fauna with her Mark and Spencer firm control full cotton briefs.

:D

Quote: Nogget @ January 18 2012, 3:05 PM GMT

and on average zero spider and snake deaths (because of the antivenom).

Phew, I feel much better now knowing that a country full of fresh water crocs, saltwater crocs, man eating sharks, poisonous fish, deadly snakes, giant spiders and kangaroos that can split your belly open with their feet, have finally got their act together on anti-venoms.

Sitting on the toilet, in the middle of a bush fire and being bitten on the genitals by a spider doesn't sound so scary now. :S

Acually I think I could cope with all the wildlife, but Australian beer...

Quote: Timbo @ January 18 2012, 4:33 PM GMT

At least you won't die of alcohol poisoning.

I have always suspected that Fosters was originally developed as a treatment for jellyfish stings.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 18 2012, 4:28 PM GMT

Phew, I feel much better now knowing that a country full of fresh water crocs, saltwater crocs, man eating sharks, poisonous fish, deadly snakes, giant spiders and kangaroos that can split your belly open with their feet, have finally got their act together on anti-venoms.

Yeah, they can kill you, but even added all together and they still kill fewer Aussies than rats kill here.

They're more likely to die from despair over how shit their cricketers are.

Quote: Nogget @ January 18 2012, 4:50 PM GMT

Yeah, they can kill you, but even added all together and they still kill fewer Aussies than rats kill here.

Your stastics fall over so quickly Nogget. On average it's 1-2 Britains a year dying of Weil's Disease.

In Australia last year, three men were killed by sharks in the space of a few months.

Now, you could always get your legs bitten off by a shark and live, much in the same way, you could stand on a poisonous fish and only suffer severe nerve damage for the rest of your life.

If you want to go down the statistical route, you could argue that cycling in London is more dangerous then being in a drug gang and carrying a gun based on the number of fatalities last year.

It's all about perspective - before and after 9/11 terrorists didn't fly passenger planes into buildings. So why all the security at airports? ;)

I'm sorry to say that I succumbed to the stupidly early easter promotions and bought a box of Cadbury's Cream Eggs (two pounds for six at Iceland). I did manage to resist buying some very pretty valentines day cards though

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 18 2012, 4:36 PM GMT

At least you won't die of alcohol poisoning.

I'd give it a try as long as it was Cooper's Sparkling and not Foster's.

Quote: Chappers @ January 17 2012, 5:30 PM GMT

People who post something that you can't view completely on one screen without having to slide the bar.

Quote: EllieJP @ January 18 2012, 1:17 PM GMT

Posts that make the page width larger because they don't wrap.

That's what I meant.

Quote: Timbo @ January 18 2012, 4:33 PM GMT

That's an oxymoron isn't it?

Quote: Timbo @ January 18 2012, 4:40 PM GMT

I have always suspected that Fosters was originally developed as a treatment for jellyfish stings.

Not actually Australian is it?

Quote: Chappers @ January 18 2012, 10:06 PM GMT

Not actually Australian is it?

Not anymore, like most other things. Even Vegemite is owned by the US these days.

People who say "You don't understand because you've never (insert life altering event here)". So you know for a fact I haven't? I have no idea what someone must be feeling because I am quite clearly perfect. FUCK YOU DICKHEAD.

Extra pissy when I actually have and some dick just starts talking as if they are providing a voice for people like me and then come out with that line.

(I have actually had this fight today to the point I could have smashed them in the face.)

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop @ January 19 2012, 10:06 AM GMT

People who say "You don't understand because you've never (insert life altering event here)". So you know for a fact I haven't? I have no idea what someone must be feeling because I am quite clearly perfect. FUCK YOU DICKHEAD.

Extra pissy when I actually have and some dick just starts talking as if they are providing a voice for people like me and then come out with that line.

(I have actually had this fight today to the point I could have smashed them in the face.)

This makes me very very angry too. If you had absolutely no concept of empathy/compassion/intellect/tiredness/pressure/love/responsibility before you got pregnant/married/employed/in a stressful family or friend situation, then you are a terrible human being and no amount of sanctimonious faux-concern at this point will convince anyone otherwise

Neither of you understand what it feels like because neither of you have ever experienced it. CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY!

Pleased