Things that piss you off Page 1,850

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 25th January 2024, 7:40 AM

She SHOULD have been nominated. Greta Gerwig should have been nominated also.
You'd think the Academy would be bending over not to appear sexist these days, wouldn't you?
Apparently not!

Maybe they weren't being sexist. Maybe, after due consideration, they came to the honest conclusion they didn't warrant a nomination (whoever they are).

Now, if they had nominated them merely in the process of bending over to avoid appearing sexist, then that would have been sexist.

Don't get the whole Barbie thing.
It was OK - but seemed a bit like Mattell wanting their cake and eating it, if you ask me.
"Oppenheimer' was proper film-making

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 25th January 2024, 9:44 AM

Now, if they had nominated them merely in the process of bending over to avoid appearing sexist, then that would have been sexist.

Yeah. But these days if you dare to say anything negative about any woman, you're considered sexist.
Myra Hindley? Leave her alone, you sexist misoginikals.

When you go on BBC NEWS website and there's about three stories about Traitors

It's not news ffs! It's just a tv show

Stop trying to make out a dumb tacky tv show is somehow some important social experiment and is therefore f**king newsworthy

Today's woman (Not all women, of course. I just mean some.)
May 'Men are c**ts.'
June 'Men are still c**ts.'
July 'I think men are c**ts.'
August 'Never trust a man. Men are all c**ts.'
September 'Take it from me, you're better off without a man. C**ts.'
October 'Gonna rip the shit out of all men on FB. And if any man criticises any woman, you know what he is? That's right.'
November 'Men are inferior, useless and c**ts.'
December 'Stay away from men. All c**ts.'
January 'Men? Oh, those c**ts?'
February 'I'm depressed.' - Why? - 'Valentine's Day and I'm all alone, sob.'

🤣

5000 meaningless, pontless murals scrawled across the floor. What a load of Pollock's.

OK - here's a contraversial one. Memorial benches with flowers and wreathes affixed to them so that people cannot sit down to even use them. I know that my particular borough charges a mighty £2500 to erect one (and before you ask, I am not forking out for one in memory of my late husband - I don't wish to fork out for tramps to fornicate and drink Buckfast in sight of Mr C's plaque) Seriously though! I got into a row with some silly mare on Facebook about it. In fact, that may have been one of the reasons why I deleted that particular Facebook account. I have a huge love/hate attraction with Facebook, I really do. My cat, Sophie Whiskers, has been able to maintain hers for years though, but she's more chilled than I could ever be.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 14th February 2024, 8:34 PM

Today's woman (Not all women, of course. I just mean some.)
May 'Men are c**ts.'
June 'Men are still c**ts.'
July 'I think men are c**ts.'
August 'Never trust a man. Men are all c**ts.'
September 'Take it from me, you're better off without a man. C**ts.'
October 'Gonna rip the shit out of all men on FB. And if any man criticises any woman, you know what he is? That's right.'
November 'Men are inferior, useless and c**ts.'
December 'Stay away from men. All c**ts.'
January 'Men? Oh, those c**ts?'
February 'I'm depressed.' - Why? - 'Valentine's Day and I'm all alone, sob.'

I have personally found more hate and dislike from fellow women but maybe it's just me? I didn't receive any Valentine's Day cards this year, which was a shame. Back in the 90s when I was perma single, our postman asked whether he could kiss me and I let him - on the cheek natch, no tongues.

While walking my dog (we go over the countryside and off the beaten path) I came across something very dodgy.
I'm not going to say at the moment but involves guns.
I phoned the police on 101 and explained what I had found. (they were more interested in me and my ID than the incident)
The operator told me to investigate further and call back???
I went back to the spot again yesterday and things had moved - there had been activity.
So this morning I contacted the police via their online chat.
I explained everything and after 10 minutes I got a AI answer saying thank you for contacting us, a copy of this message has been sent to you.
They must be busy watching twitter looking for hate crime.

Very strange, I would expect the police to be there in a flash with the mention of firearms. Did you take pictures of it in situ? I would have called 999 because 101 is probably as useless as NHS 111. Hopefully it's related to game hunting/coursing and they are unlicensed.

I saw someone holding a gun when I was waiting in my car and called the police who visited me for a statement. They couldn't give me details but did confirm someone had been arrested and a weapon had been found.