Harry Hill's TV Burp

Best New British Television Comedy
Psychoville

Best Television Comedy Actor
Simon Bird (for The Inbetweeners)

Best Television Comedy Actress
Ruth Jones (for Gavin & Stacey)

Best Comedy Entertainment Personality
Michael McIntyre (for Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow)

Best Male Comedy Newcomer
Charlie Brooker (for You Have Been Watching)

Best Female Comedy Newcomer
Tanya Franks (for Pulling)

Best Live Stand-Up Performer
Michael McIntyre (Live at the Apollo)

Best Comedy Film
In The Loop

Are the awards live this year?

Quote: chipolata @ December 8 2009, 10:51 AM GMT

Aaron Brown

This guy?

I can't believe that these idiots have put Phychoville and Pulling in the Comedy Drama category, why can't they be classed as sitcom? They were without doubt two of the best sitcoms of the year and to not feature them in this category is sort of saying that sitcoms can't feature drama when in fact most of the classics did have a lot of depth and poignancy to them.

Quote: Ronnie Anderson @ December 8 2009, 4:06 PM GMT

I can't believe that these idiots have put Pychoville and Pulling in the Comedy Drama category.

Their classifications are always nutty (Charlie Brooker a newcomer?... he's been on TV regularly since 2006!).

I guess they're in that comedy drama category because the actual comedy dramas that have been on this year are too weak to nominate. I'm glad Pulling does appear though. But I bet the BBC Three suits actually wish it wasn't nominated though - as if it wins it's really going to show up their mistake in binning it!

I think Pulling was nominated as a comedy drama for the hour-long special which automatically redefines as a comedy-drama over a 30-min sitcom.

For those interested, a bookmaker has given their odds on who will win this year. You can see the full list on Chortle.

So the big day is upon us...

As always, the highlight for me will be a (hopefully) brilliant opening monologue. I really pray that Jonathan Ross isn't going to self-censor too much on his return.

Any predictions for the targets of jokes?

Might be a bit early for a Big Top one, but Lunch Monkeys I reckon will feature. I can't really think of any comedy celebs who have massively disgraced themselves this year. I expect a prod or two at McIntyre and possibly a few digs in the ribs at Mock The Week. Oh, and there will almost certainly be one gag aimed at Gervais about The Invention Of Lying. What else now...? :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 12 2009, 1:26 AM GMT

Any predictions for the targets of jokes?

Ross and Brand. If he doesn't make lots of references to the reason why he is "back" this year then I will be very surprised.

There will also be several Tiger Woods gags (if Tiger's gagging order allows) and one will be a corny link to Tyger Drew-Honey from Outnumbered.

Quote: Badge @ December 12 2009, 1:32 AM GMT

There will also be several Tiger Woods gags (if Tiger's gagging order allows) and one will be a corny link to Tyger Drew-Honey from Outnumbered.

Ooh, good call. :)

I expect some sort of reference to David Mitchell monopolising comedy panel shows.

Jimmy Carr might be the recipient of a couple of digs. It was this year when he caused offence with one of his jokes right? And he removed the joke from his act.

I wonder when Aaron and Mark will start getting invited to these...

I think they should have had more than 3 nominations for each award. 5 perhaps. Anyway, here's what I'd like to see win:

Best Sitcom
Peep Show

Best Comedy Panel Show
Mock The Week

Best Sketch Show
Harry & Paul

Best Television Comedy Drama
Psychoville

Best Comedy Entertainment Programme
Harry Hill's TV Burp

Best New British Television Comedy
Psychoville

Best Television Comedy Actor
Can't choose between the three!

Best Television Comedy Actress
Katherine Parkinson (for The IT Crowd)

Best Comedy Entertainment Personality
Alan Carr (for Alan Carr: Chatty Man)

Best Male Comedy Newcomer
Charlie Brooker (for You Have Been Watching)

Best Female Comedy Newcomer
I don't watch any of these, so cannae say.

Best Live Stand-Up Performer
Stewart Lee (Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle)

Best Comedy Film
I've only seen one of these and that's not a great film.

QI losing to HIGNFY? Oh come on!

Paul Mersons terrible speech summed up HIGNFY at the moment. Awful and totally phoned in. He seemed a bit mental especially when he randomly shouted out Michael Mcintyre's name.

Pulling deservedly wins another award.

Just makes it all the more disgraceful that it was axed.

I find it ironic that as soon as HIGNFY win an award, the extended repeat gets moved to Monday.