The British Comedy Awards 2009 Page 5

Quick question for Harry and Paul fans? What were some of the sketches that ran in order for this to be nominated? I actually might have seen some of them before my laptop went to the happy hunting ground in the sky.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ November 19 2009, 12:21 AM GMT

Quick question for Harry and Paul fans? What were some of the sketches that ran in order for this to be nominated? I actually might have seen some of them before my laptop went to the happy hunting ground in the sky.

'I saw you coming' and the Polish coffee shop were the standouts for me

The Chocalatiers, The Landlady and The Writer, The Two Surgeons, Clarkson Island...

Thanks Tim and Gerry. I was hoping it to see Clarkson Island. My oldest laughed his ass off (is that improper for a mom to say about her child?) when he saw it. I didn't get to see every episode, but I really liked this show a lot. Now against Mitchell and Webb? I can't decide...

Series 3 of M&W Look was definitely a lot stronger than series 2. But I think for overall funny then series 2 Harry & Paul has the edge.

I agree. Series 3 of M&W is by far my favourite. I've only seen parts of Harry and Paul, but I've always loved Harry's shows.

I forgot about The Dragons' Den spoof, that was also top drawer. Laughing out loud

Edit for a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tc6-vSYIMk

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 19 2009, 12:02 AM GMT

If they had a "Most Reluctant Actor In A Situation Comedy' award then Robert Lindsay would be a shoe-in, surely?

*shoo-in.
Though you might want to put a shoe in, quite understandably.

Would the shoe win?

Quote: Badge @ November 19 2009, 1:30 AM GMT

*shoo-in.
Though you might want to put a shoe in, quite understandably.

>_< I have a bit of a mental blind spot when it comes to that. Cheers, Badge. ;)

The awards coverage is on at 21:30 next Saturday - at the same time as the extended HIGNFY and the last current episode of The Thick of It. Coincidence for the clash? I doubt it.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ December 5 2009, 8:10 AM GMT

The awards coverage is on at 21:30 next Saturday - at the same time as the extended HIGNFY and the last current episode of The Thick of It. Coincidence for the clash? I doubt it.

To be honest, the awards ceremony gets progressively less entertaining as it goes along. The opening monologue is great, then it starts over running as they bring out increasingly weird combinations of guests to present awards.

Quote: chipolata @ December 8 2009, 10:32 AM GMT

To be honest, the awards ceremony gets progressively less entertaining as it goes along. The opening monologue is great, then it starts over running as they bring out increasingly weird combinations of guests to present awards.

This year's Best New Sitcom award to be presented by Aaron Brown and Jedward.

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 8 2009, 10:49 AM GMT

This years Best New Sitcom award to be presented by Aaron Brown and Jedward.

I thought you were going to say Aaron Brown and zooo. Now that's weird.

I am torn between Outnumbered and The IT Crowd. As for the stand up prize, there is only one winner his names starts with Micheal and ends in McIntyre.