The British Comedy Awards 2009

Well, it will be upon us soon enough. And the good news (as far as I'm concerned) is that Jonathan Ross is confirmed to be back as host this year, following last year's controversy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8304692.stm

Whatever else one might think of Ross, he really shines in hosting this event (aided by some great writers who tend to pull out all the stops).

Wonder if Ant & Dec will get any nominations this year...? Whistling nnocently

Personally, I hope that Outnumbered gets the gongs it so rightly deserves. :)

Re: Outnumbered I'm sure every parent says this but that series reflects our own lives scarily accurately. My kids are the same ages and we have virtually identical conversations every day.

My lot love it and I'm sure they use it as a training video in how to wind up mum and dad.

Stuff the British Comedy Awards - it is the British Comedy Guide Awards which are the important ones. Pleased

Quote: Ian Wolf @ October 14 2009, 8:29 AM BST

Stuff the British Comedy Awards - it is the British Comedy Guide Awards which are the important ones. Pleased

WTF? sucker!
;)

Quote: Ian Wolf @ October 14 2009, 8:29 AM BST

Yes, Ian. There, there. Console ;)

Does anyone (I'm looking at you Ian, Aaron, Mark and Dan) know when the nominations for these awards will be announced? :)

I'll field this one chaps.

Early next year.
Or late this year or something.
More importantly, when's the next Dr Who episode coming out.
:D

Angry Go suck on your 'tache, nerdling! ;)

Laughing out loud

All of the awards should be given to Stewart Lee.

Having said that, there should be a special award for this brilliant exchange in Shooting Stars...

BOB: I'm your number one fan, George.

GEORGE DAWES: (humble) Oh right, thank you. Thank you very much.

VIC: I'm your uncle.

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 9 2009, 12:31 AM GMT

Does anyone (I'm looking at you Ian, Aaron, Mark and Dan) know when the nominations for these awards will be announced? :)

I'm afaird I don't know. Mind you, considering that the BCA website has not been updated for so long, that's not surprising.

My guess is that the actual ceremony will take place on either on the 11th or 18th December.

Last year's were announced around the 16th November, so I guess it'll be around end of next week or beginning of week after.

Dan

Cheers, Ian and Dan. Wave

Agree with most of what you say there Tim.

How do you do that Tim? Do you have a special web cam hidden somewhere?