The British Comedy Awards 2009 Page 2

It's just a standard webcam. He asked politely for what it's worth. I have to do a special dance in my pants for him every morning though...

Dan

Ross is overrated at best. The BCAs seem less and less relevant every year.

The only legitimate awards are the BCG Awards, as they're voted for by the public and everything is elligible, not picked and chosen by a bunch of elitists, so far in advance that a third of the year's comedy is disqualified.

Quote: Aaron @ November 10 2009, 3:42 PM GMT

Ross is overrated at best. The BCAs seem less and less relevant every year.

The only legitimate awards are the BCG Awards, as they're voted for by the public and everything is elligible, not picked and chosen by a bunch of elitists, so far in advance that a third of the year's comedy is disqualified.

Why don't they wait until about March so that they can include edverything from the previous year? Or is that too logical?

Quote: Chappers @ November 10 2009, 5:30 PM GMT

logical

Name something that is logical these days?

Why don't they wait until about March so that they can include edverything from the previous year? Or is that too logical?

Yep, makes far too much sense. That's where the BCG comes in! :)

Quote: Robert D @ November 10 2009, 5:44 PM GMT

Name something that is logical these days?

When I wa young it seemed that life was so wonderful, a miracle, it was beautiful, magical.

Because I think that, in the comedy industry, December is a time when they are slightly less likely to be busy in active production. And also it's a good excuse for a pre-Christmas "office party" piss up. :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 10 2009, 6:38 PM GMT

it's a good excuse for a pre-Christmas "office party" piss up. :)

Now that is logical! :D

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 10 2009, 6:38 PM GMT

And also it's a good excuse for a pre-Christmas "office party" piss up. :)

Does anyone need an excuse?

I suppose it also reminds people of what's been on, and so what to get on DVD as presents.

Quote: Chappers @ November 10 2009, 5:58 PM GMT

When I wa young it seemed that life was so wonderful, a miracle, it was beautiful, magical.

:D
Well, I got it Dave.

Quote: Aaron @ November 10 2009, 3:42 PM GMT

Ross is overrated at best.

Disagree.

Quote: Jacob Loves Comedy @ November 11 2009, 2:12 AM GMT

Disagree.

Great debate!

I agree with Aaron that the British Comedy Awards become less and less relevant every year. Last years show was awful.

Quote: Martin H @ November 11 2009, 8:09 PM GMT

Great debate!

I agree with Aaron that the British Comedy Awards become less and less relevant every year. Last years show was awful.

It's been a victim of its own success (other than notable scandals) and by allowing ITV to bastardise it. In the good old days it was an unpredictable, up to 3 hour long, romp. Now it's so vastly cut down, edited and packaged for commercial tastes, that anything unexpected or fun is heavily sanitised. C4 should have bought it and given it a few hours in a weekend slot. They don't mind giving away 3 hours to a "list" show (albeit those cost peanuts to make). :(

Doesn't Noel Edmonds have something to do with this? Like he owns the production company that makes it? Or something?