The British Comedy Awards 2009 Page 7

J.K Rowling.

*cringe*

Peter Kay?

*cringe*

Cringe?!

*cringe*

Kay! Oh come on! What's he done over the past few years except release the same old material on DVD over and over again?

I have a funny feeling that Peter Kay isn't very popular in that room.

Watching some of those old Phoenix Nights and That Peter Kay thing clips though reminded me of why I used to love him though.

So where are all the results of the other categories? Best sketch show etc.

Great to see Graham Linehan getting the praise he deserves.

Top Writer.
Top Man.

Yes! Good call there!

Quote: Ben @ December 12 2009, 10:56 PM GMT

So where are all the results of the other categories? Best sketch show etc.

They mentioned that the nominations for the Best British Comedy were winners of other awards, so it must have been Harry and Paul.

They also said that Outnumbered won Best Female Newcomer, so Ramona Marquez must have won. Seeing as two of three nominations for Best Male Newcomer were also from Outnumbered and lost, Charlie Brooker must have won.

The ITV2 coverage is showing the nominations for the other winners now.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ December 12 2009, 11:03 PM GMT

Charlie Brooker must have won.

He did, beating two poncey little kids one of whom is called 'Tyger Drew-Honey' which means 'please bully me' in just about any language you can think of.

About time for Graham Lineham. Nice little writer's story as from him as well. :)

Brilliant news for Outnumbered - completely deserved. (And though they didn't show the award being given, if I heard right then young Ramona won the Best Female Comedy Newcomer. A natural comedy talent. Good.)

They keep cutting the running time down. :( 90 minutes now? FFS - that's why there's little controversy or unexpected moments. Better to give it 2 1/2 - 3 hours on ITV2 for the ceremony proper, rather than degrade the whole thing all over ITV1. ITV1 presumably cut down the running time as they weren't coining it in with a 'People's Choice' award.

Good to see Pulling get something and, of course, Psychoville. :)

Mr McIntyre was very good humoured, genuinely decent and admirably honourable in his accepting his award. I might not like his brand of comedy, but fair play for that. (It was too much to hope that Stewart Lee would get it, but...)

Enjoyed Frankie Boyle's charity gag. At least someone inject the "old school" spirit back into BCAs.

David Mitchell looked pissed off. Peter Kay looked very guarded.

(Special congratulations to Andy Hamilton and Fiona. ;))

Kevin Eldon :)

Yay Ramona! is all I have to say.

I could not be more pleased for Graham Linehan, so well deserved.
His standing ovation compared to Peter Kay was quite telling though!

Bit gutted Peep Show didn't win, but Outnumbered deserved it. Did you see how bored David Mitchell looked every time they cut to him?!

Does anyone else get the feeling that Ramona Marquez's career can only go downhill from here?

Yey for Graham :) Also thrilled for Psychoville and Charlie Brooker.

I was shocked to see Lee Majors there. As I was convinced that he was dead. And when I saw him in the flesh actually standing there, I was even more convinced. He never used to look like that. He looked 10 years younger than he did in The Fall Guy (which is at least 20 years old). Yet at the same time about six times more lifeless and immobile. Can you overdose on face lifts? Errr

EDIT: I presume the irony of Best "Newcomer" wasn't lost on Charlie?