The Thick Of It - Series 3 Page 18

Jamie's the best, but everyone is fab.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ November 16 2009, 2:53 PM GMT

As Ollie has no doubt described what he's like, when he's been around at his girlfriend Emma's (who rents a room from Phil).

Also, I think Malcolm's reputation is widely-known throughout all Government, real or shadow.

Dan

But Tucker only has real influence over people on his own side. Phil needn't worry about him, because he doesn't work with him.

Quote: Aaron @ November 16 2009, 3:33 PM GMT

Since when is it a surprise that Tom Hollander is excellent? :S

Well I only really know him from a few serious roles. Was surprised at his top comedy performance - loved the bit about him wanting to prep the 'funny question' on Question Time :D . . .

Quote: Slippery Jack @ November 16 2009, 6:12 PM GMT

Well I only really know him from a few serious roles. Was surprised at his top comedy performance - loved the bit about him wanting to prep the 'funny question' on Question Time :D . . .

He was absolutely *awesome* (yes! Italics *and* asterisks!) in Freezing. A show that really should return as it was brilliant.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ November 16 2009, 4:26 PM GMT

Jamie's the best, but everyone is fab.

Dan

You know he won't be appearing this series . . . ?

Yeah, I heard. Boo!

Dan

The red button stuff not so good this week - Phil saying "Bitch, don't be wailing on my ass..." was quite funny though . . .

Nick's not quite as scared as he was yesterday. Managed to calm him a little, but it's tough work, poor fella . . .

Quote: swerytd @ November 16 2009, 6:13 PM GMT

He was absolutely *awesome* (yes! Italics *and* asterisks!) in Freezing. A show that really should return as it was brilliant.

Dan

I wholeheartedly agree. Still not even had a DVD release. Criminal.

Quote: Slippery Jack @ November 16 2009, 6:12 PM GMT

Well I only really know him from a few serious roles.

Ah well, fair enough then I suppose. I've not seen him in the special or In The Loop or whatever we were talking about him being in, so I won't victimise you for not having seen the above. ;)

I'm loving how this latest series is being developed - not only is each episode brilliant by itself, but there's a real story arc going on too.

The general rumour is next week's episode (set in Five Live) is meant to be one of the great ones of the series.

By the way, if anyone wants to know what to expect, we have in-depth guides to all the new episodes: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_thick_of_it/episodes/3/

Richard Bacon? Wonder if they'll use existing footage like they did with Paxo, or get him to act (assuming the latter) . . . ?

I believe the cast are on Richard Bacon's show on Thursday night. I mean, in real-life, discussing the show itself.

Dan

They should do it all in character . . .

Quote: youngian @ October 28 2009, 12:41 PM GMT

Interested that Gill signed off by lamenting the passing of Spitting Image as proper political satire. If I remember rightly it very occasionally hit the mark but was mainly a series of hastily written raspberries. A sort of Mike Yarwood meets Week Ending in latex.

:D

Nice.

Quote: Slippery Jack @ November 17 2009, 9:14 AM GMT

Richard Bacon? Wonder if they'll use existing footage like they did with Paxo, or get him to act (assuming the latter) . . . ?

Yes, he's acting... and playing a fairly major role. Here's a picture from his Twitter