The Thick Of It - Series 3 Page 17

For me, the show moved up a gear with this episode. So many great things going on. The unexpected flashes of humanity from the head teacher and Nicola. Malcolm Tucker not knowing how to cope with Nicola crying. And the most subversive thing I've seen in years: a Tory politician with a conscience. On the subject of which, it was great to see a character who not only isn't intimidated by Malcolm Tucker, but who can go toe to toe with him in the insult department. Roger Allam was great.

The funnierst moment was Malcolm Tucker describing Ollie as "the unbaked gingerbread man."

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 14 2009, 10:47 PM GMT

One of my favourite lines tonight was Malcolm referring to Ollie as an "unbaked gingerbread man". :)

:)

Could someone explain why Phil from 'the opposition' would be so scared of Tucker?

As Ollie has no doubt described what he's like, when he's been around at his girlfriend Emma's (who rents a room from Phil).

Also, I think Malcolm's reputation is widely-known throughout all Government, real or shadow.

Dan

Quote: Slippery Jack @ November 16 2009, 12:35 AM GMT

Tom Hollander is surprisingly excellent as the new minister

Since when is it a surprise that Tom Hollander is excellent? :S

All the cast are great to be fair.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 16 2009, 3:40 PM GMT

All the cast are great to be fair.

I think some are much greater than others. Glen isn't as great as the rest, nor is Terri, the rest are good, Tucker wipes the floor with them all.

Quote: Griff @ November 16 2009, 4:22 PM GMT

Glen and Terri play their roles brilliantly.

I agree. :O