The Thick Of It - Series 3 Page 16

So off bleeding topic it's not funny.

Not that I want to throw my weight around.

Quote: Slippery Jack @ November 15 2009, 11:39 PM GMT

I remember that story on the news - nothing funny about the oversized ladies undergarments over his head after falling though that washing line either. Terrible business . . .

:D

Quote: zooo @ November 15 2009, 11:41 PM GMT

So off bleeding topic it's not funny.

Not that I want to throw my weight around.

Ooh, yes you do, go on, admit it. ;)

Anyway, back on-topic...

Wow this forum is nuts! Never encountered an off-topic death ray before!

Quick, need to reference the show ... erm ... is anyone else missing Julius Nicholson? Hope he makes an appearence this series ...

Quote: Slippery Jack @ November 15 2009, 11:52 PM GMT

Quick, need to reference the show ... erm ... is anyone else missing Julius Nicholson? Hope he makes an appearence this series ...

Possibly my favourite character, Julius. (Was meant to be modelled a bit on John Birt, in terms of meaninglessly mad management-speak and grand ideas for improving efficiency.) :)

Beautiful scene in the first series with Glenn giving him the finger. Also love the moment in the specials when Malcolm catches him in the newsagents messing with the sandwiches - "I like to feel the heft" . . .

I love the hair-brain schemes the others suggest as the sort of ideas he has, such as when Ollie mentions "inflatable churches for rural communities". Or when Malcolm imagines him "commissioning a study to count the Moon". :D

(The guy who plays Julius apparently was a practising lawyer for many years...)

Quote: Griff @ November 15 2009, 11:31 PM GMT

It's a series of short television comedy plays.

Trust me, you'd love it.

Thanks for the tip Griff, it ryhmes! It is far too expensive to purchase on the internet but my wife Dawn says she will pop out in her dinner hour to see if it is cheaper priced in HMV.

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 16 2009, 12:13 AM GMT

I love the hair-brain schemes the others suggest as the sort of ideas he has, such as when Ollie mentions "inflatable churches for rural communities". Or when Malcolm imagines him "commissioning a study to count the Moon". :D

(The guy who plays Julius apparently was a practising lawyer for many years...)

A shame he was so under used in In The Loop - I also remember seeing him in press photos for that naff looking Matt Lucas fantasy thing (ScatMan Doo or whatever? Did anyone actually see it?) . . .

And a Specsavers advert I think I saw him in once . . .

Quote: Slippery Jack @ November 16 2009, 12:22 AM GMT

And a Specsavers advert I think I saw him in once . . .

Yes, well I think we'll quickly forget about that ad... Whistling nnocently

Still haven't seen In The Loop. Should have got to see it at the cinema, but now it's on DVD I've got it on my Christmas present list.

Me tooo!

What?! Get it off the list and buy it tomorrow - its for sale in HMV - Tom Hollander is surprisingly excellent as the new minister - would be great if he appeared in the series, but I suppose those two worlds cannot collide with the Ollie/Toby Glenn/Michael Terri/Roz confusion . . .

He could just be a whole new character, no?

Dan

No, I'm a sucker for continuity . . .