The Thick Of It - Series 3 Page 19

I just watched episode one on iPlayer because I really like Rebecca Front. It's the first episode I've seen all the way through. Mmmn.

There was a point in the middle of one of Malcolm interminable, overcooked insults when I started to think of Baddiel and Newman going: "you see that puddle over there... /I am aware of it's existence... etc."

Why bother with more wobbly camera than anyone can stand to show it's happening now when the dialogue instantly renders it as an impossible prep school fantasy? People just don't talk to each other like that... not even in North Korea.

"F**k the ays and fist the tees." Jesus. Give me a break.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ November 19 2009, 12:58 AM GMT

Why bother with more wobbly camera than anyone can stand to show it's happening now when the dialogue instantly renders it as an impossible prep school fantasy? People just don't talk to each other like that... not even in North Korea.

"F**k the ays and fist the tees." Jesus. Give me a break.

Yes, yes, yes - but it's funny.

I don't even notice the shakey cam - think they may have toned it down - last time I noticed it was when I rewatched the very first episode the other night . . .

Quote: Mark @ November 18 2009, 3:15 PM GMT

Yes, he's acting... and playing a fairly major role. Here's a picture from his Twitter

According to the Radio Times he "more than holds his own", so that's a relief. Nothing worse than watching people struggling to play themselves . . .

Quote: Slippery Jack @ November 19 2009, 9:34 AM GMT

According to the Radio Times he "more than holds his own", so that's a relief. Nothing worse than watching people struggling to play themselves . . .

Yes, but sometimes it's very hard to act natural and just be yourself when everybody's watching, isn't it? For example, in a gay sauna...

Cast on Richard Bacon's show tonight. Starts on FiveLive at 10pm.

Dan

Ooh good. I would've forgotten about that . . .

Forgot what I said that was off topic . . . ?

Fantastically funny episode tonight. In terms of cramming as many laughs into 30 minutes as possible, I can't remember much better. :)

A fantastic episode. Again.