The Thick Of It - Series 3

In some places this is labelled as Series 2, but the run being brandished as 'Series 1' on DVD was broadcast and advertised at the time as Series 1 and 2 (2 x 3 episodes).

So. This has been confirmed as broadcast on BBC Two at some point during the 7-days commencing Saturday 24th October.

Our guide to the show will be online shortly.

Can't wait for this, from what I've heard so far it sounds great. Rebecca Front as the new Minister of Social Affairs; Malcom Tucker losing power; an 8 episode run!

Poor Malcolm. :(

Quote: Martin H @ October 8 2009, 6:44 PM BST

Can't wait for this, from what I've heard so far it sounds great. Rebecca Front as the new Minister of Social Affairs; Malcom Tucker losing power; an 8 episode run!

Only 6, according to the BBC.

Do they still employ cameramen with balance problems?

Almost goes without saying how highly this series is anticipated. I'm personally really looking forward to Rebecca Front joining the cast. She is an absolutely brilliant comic actress and I am sure she'll bring a lot to the show. :)

Quote: Aaron @ October 9 2009, 3:46 AM BST

Only 6, according to the BBC.

Aw. Teary

It was supposed to be 8 originally. Are they doing any specials beforehand?

Quote: Martin H @ October 9 2009, 12:27 PM BST

Aw. Teary

It was supposed to be 8 originally. Are they doing any specials beforehand?

No. It's just 2 weeks away. Possible that there'll be specials afterwards of course, also possible that the Press Office are just plain wrong - but all information to hand at present is that there are just 6 episdoes in the series.

Besides, where did the figure of 8 episodes come from? Was that the official number that the BBC commissioned, or was it just the number of scripts Iannucci said that he was writing?

I really wish I could watch this show, the bits I've seen I've really enjoyed, but that camera work starts making me feel sick after ten minutes or so. Why does it have to be so bloody shaky?

Quote: Aaron @ October 9 2009, 12:41 PM BST

Besides, where did the figure of 8 episodes come from? Was that the official number that the BBC commissioned, or was it just the number of scripts Iannucci said that he was writing?

Iannucci Twitter thread says:
"All 8 eps of Thick of It now in the can. 1st 4 eps already edited. Series goes out at end of Oct. Will tweet more info soon."
posted 28th September 2:43am

The Twitter thread is where I heard it originally, anyway.

Incidentally, Aug 31st tweet:
"there only was one series plus specials. 6 30 min eps, and 2 60 minutes."

Go on, somebody with a Twitter account ask him...

Dan

Yeah that's where I heard/read about the 8 episodes too. Maybe they'll thrown in an hour special afterwards.

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 9 2009, 12:12 PM BST

I'm personally really looking forward to Rebecca Front joining the cast. She is an absolutely brilliant comic actress and I am sure she'll bring a lot to the show. :)

I've never really rated Rebecca Front that highly personally. She's a fine, steady actress, but I've just never found her to be particularly funny. I'm hoping to be proved wrong...

Quote: shaggy292 @ October 9 2009, 9:31 PM BST

I've never really rated Rebecca Front that highly personally. She's a fine, steady actress, but I've just never found her to be particularly funny. I'm hoping to be proved wrong...

How dare you!

:D

Rebecca Front is fantastic, and was part of some of the funniest sketches/segments on The Day Today and KMKYWAP. I'm sure she'll be great in The Thick of It.

Quote: swerytd @ October 9 2009, 3:43 PM BST

Iannucci Twitter thread says:
"All 8 eps of Thick of It now in the can. 1st 4 eps already edited. Series goes out at end of Oct. Will tweet more info soon."
posted 28th September 2:43am

The Twitter thread is where I heard it originally, anyway.

Incidentally, Aug 31st tweet:
"there only was one series plus specials. 6 30 min eps, and 2 60 minutes."

Go on, somebody with a Twitter account ask him...

Dan

Hm. Interesting. Well, it wouldn't be the first time that the BBC Press Office were supplying incorrect information. However, my guess right now would be that they're keeping 2 back as specials. They can release another DVD that way.

Re: Rebecca Front, I've never thought much of her either. I can't quite imagine her doing the kind of 'serious' role that being a minister would entail. But we shall see.

Ah, no, the Press Office have updated their page - it is 8 episodes after all.

Very excited for this.

Rebecca Front was a major player in The Day Today which is enough to make me a fan of hers for life.