The Thick Of It - Series 3 Page 24

Quote: Guinness @ December 4 2009, 8:25 AM GMT

Anyone know when the DVD of series 3 will be available to buy?

Nothing official as yet. Sign-up at Amazon to find out.

I'll put the link in, so when people read through this in a year's time, it's here:

See Amazon product listing

Dan

Quote: Leeward @ December 4 2009, 7:45 AM GMT

Episode 7 info... https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_thick_of_it/episodes/3/7/

^
Julius Nicholson is back!

Yay indeed! You might like this interview with Alex MacQueen... https://www.comedy.co.uk/features/articles/alex_macqueen_interview/

Quote: Mark @ December 4 2009, 2:31 PM GMT

Yay indeed! You might like this interview with Alex MacQueen... https://www.comedy.co.uk/features/articles/alex_macqueen_interview/

Nice! Good to see some recognition for 'The Hide' - he really was excellent in that. Wonder if Julius will play a part in Malcolm's downfall in revenge for the cheese assault :D . . .

Quote: Leeward @ December 4 2009, 7:45 AM GMT

Episode 7 info... https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_thick_of_it/episodes/3/7/

^
Julius Nicholson is back!

:)

I've still got an episode or two to catch up on.
I've been enjoying the series but I haven't been blown away.
Was the first series with Chris Langham better, or has it improved as it's gone along?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ December 4 2009, 10:02 PM GMT

Was the first series with Chris Langham better, or has it improved as it's gone along?

The first series is, in a way, worth viewing in isolation, as it tells pretty much the whole story of Hugh Abbott, who is representative of pretty much every male, middle-aged cynical, tired MP/minister. (And indeed, any middle-aged educated man who fears being labelled a failure.) I personally think nothing will ever be better than that than first series, though they have certainly been individual episodes since that compare, a good few in this current series. But in some ways the current series is a different show.

The first series really hits the ground running and Chris Langham's performance is simply brilliant. :)

I see they finally decided to make Julius a Lord! Just read the cast list in the Radio Times . . .

Oooooooo.

Wow! Actually on reflection did Malcolm's sacking feel a little rushed? It all happened so quickly! Thrilling episode - not sure about the Steve Fleming character though, and how they had a new character suddenly appear to dispatch Malcolm. The final scenes have made me forget all the bits I found funny though . . .

(oh yes, and not enough Nicholson! Big cheer when he appeared through the door.)

Quote: Guinness @ December 4 2009, 8:25 AM GMT

Anyone know when the DVD of series 3 will be available to buy?

In quite a while yet. Series 2 hasn't even been scheduled.

Gosh that was good. I thought the apparent suddeness of the sacking made it all the more palpable.

I was hoping it would be one of those series where the DVD comes out as soon as it ends its TV run (like Psychoville did) . . .

Quote: Mannikin Bird @ December 5 2009, 11:09 PM GMT

Gosh that was good. I thought the apparent suddeness of the sacking made it all the more palpable.

Yeah, and I suppose the final episode will give time for the news to sink in proper . . .

I think there were hints throughout that the sacking was coming so I didn't feel that it was sudden.

I really liked the new character! I'd usually say that it wasn't good to introduce someone new at a crux but in The Thick Of It it seems fitting somehow. It suits the situation, I mean. People are always leaving and entering offices so it just slots in with the tumultuousness of the show to me. Brilliantly performed, that character.

Don't think it was as funny as other episodes but don't care. The drama was gripping and so, so, so well performed. Glad we got a proper Tucker reaction, I haven't quite got over the apology he made to Terri (which just didn't seem to suit the character - he'd just get defensive wouldn't he?)

Very excited to see what's coming in the last episode. Brilliant series.

It was brilliant. And I say that even though I watched it with my parents who had never seen it before and my mum had to keep making the joke "the language in this is f**king terrible" over and over again.

I felt quite sorry for Malcolm. At least you know where you are with people like that, rather than the two-faced, fake, passive agressive-type Steve Fleming - which I think was hinted at with Glen's comment about should be feeling happy, but didn't (or something like that).

Presumably Steve Fleming's character is meant to be somewhat akin to Peter Mandelson, in terms of of a former major cog of the party returning in its hour of need?

Hope there is more proper Lord Julius in the final episode. Didn't quite see why he was brought back unless he has a more substantial role in the final episode.