The Thick Of It - Series 3 Page 23

Quote: chipolata @ December 2 2009, 10:49 AM GMT

Still not sure about that. As mentioned in the red button stuff afterwards, Ollie and Glen just seem to compete with each other not to be the biggest whipping boy in the office.

And they also discussed - which is always the impression that I had - that Glen started out with good intentions and originally got into politics for all the right reasons.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 2 2009, 10:53 AM GMT

And they also discussed - which is always the impression that I had - that Glen started out with good intentions and originally got into politics for all the right reasons.

But I think they all started out with good intentions. Even Malcolm Tucker.

Quote: chipolata @ December 2 2009, 10:26 AM GMT

I saw the guy who plays Glen in an episode of The Armando Ianucci Shows last night. He had black hair and one line: "I've pissed myself."

Lovely sketch that, the idea of a residential home for middle-aged men. He is also in a sketch about a man who is literally being bored to death - where his eyes bleed. :)

Extras for episode 6: http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/extra/video/p005dddn

Dan

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 2 2009, 1:58 PM GMT

Lovely sketch that, the idea of a residential home for middle-aged men. He is also in a sketch about a man who is literally being bored to death - where his eyes bleed. :)

Yes, he was. I watched that episode last night. A good underated series. :)

Quote: chipolata @ December 3 2009, 11:50 AM GMT

The reputation of this series wasn't helped by the fact that the series first started airing the week before 9/11. People became distracted from comedy. (Episodes also contained references to terrorism and plane crashes, which meant it was pushed back later in the evening schedules.)

Quote: chipolata @ December 3 2009, 11:50 AM GMT

Which episode was it? I've got the DVD.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 3 2009, 12:06 PM GMT

Which episode was it? I've got the DVD.

Last episode. Episode 8 for the man being bored to death.

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 3 2009, 12:04 PM GMT

The reputation of this series wasn't helped by the fact that the series first started airing the week before 9/11.

I believe Johnny Vaughn's Orrible also suffered because of 9/11.

Quote: chipolata @ December 3 2009, 12:09 PM GMT

I believe Johnny Vaughn's Orrible also suffered because of 9/11.

Yes... Errr 9/11, that was the problem with this show. Whistling nnocently

How can you worship a sitcom that is all framed in its structure as Gervais "The Office" (without the funny bits)? They copy The Office in making the main charachter mean, the assistant employees, the sound environment, the camera moving around, etc! Nothing original!

If you enjoy UK politics or Downing Street gossip I understand, but then I saw some folks even placed this sitcom as best of this decade...what? Think Thick Of It, imagine a puppet show like Spitting Image in 2009, would you think it would be tops? Even Peep Show takes many filming tips from The Office.
If you don't care for originality, Chinese fakes, or usually laugh loudly at the same joke twice, then it's the sitcom for you. :(

Have you actually seen The Office . . . ?

Quote: luis kmentt @ December 3 2009, 6:23 PM GMT

How can you worship a sitcom that is all framed in its structure as Gervais "The Office" (without the funny bits)? They copy The Office in making the main charachter mean, the assistant employees, the sound environment, the camera moving around, etc! Nothing original!

If you enjoy UK politics or Downing Street gossip I understand, but then I saw some folks even placed this sitcom as best of this decade...what? Think Thick Of It, imagine a puppet show like Spitting Image in 2009, would you think it would be tops? Even Peep Show takes many filming tips from The Office.
If you don't care for originality, Chinese fakes, or usually laugh loudly at the same joke twice, then it's the sitcom for you. :(

Ouch! If you make it over to London, I'd give the Underground a miss. ;)

Episode 7 info... https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_thick_of_it/episodes/3/7/

^
Julius Nicholson is back!

Anyone know when the DVD of series 3 will be available to buy?

Quote: Leeward @ December 4 2009, 7:45 AM GMT

Julius Nicholson is back!

:D