The Thick Of It - Series 3 Page 15

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 14 2009, 11:31 PM GMT

Who knows, he might be the man Minister in the next series...?

I can but hope. :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0459159/board/thread/151063355
(or you could just go on the radio 2 website and listen to the episode)

Quote: Aaron @ November 15 2009, 1:00 AM GMT

I can but hope. :)

I, of course, meant "main Minister" - but that too! *coughs* Whistling nnocently

Quote: Slippery Jack @ November 15 2009, 1:00 AM GMT

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0459159/board/thread/151063355
(or you could just go on the radio 2 website and listen to the episode)

Ah, if there's some way of continuing and Iannucci, the cast and the writers are still enthused, then these things are never set in stone. And with respect, the actors are the last people to listen to over whether a show will be back or not. If the money's right... ;)

I think it makes the case stronger that the opposition will be the main focus of any future series, with this one ending with the fall of Tucker . . .

Armandao said on his Twitter feed (when he announced he was leaving the BBC) that he'd be back and there would be more Thick Of It.

This fourth episode was very good. I felt the same as Griff when it went all serious, but it was still very funny all the way through.

Excellent episode and Nichola's suddenly gone from this comedy clownish character to a Vic Mackay type: whatever she decides to do, she's completely screwed! Brilliant character development.

Funniest line was Terri's 'I don't want to fellate you!' Fantastic!

Dan

Quote: Slippery Jack @ November 15 2009, 1:10 AM GMT

the opposition will be the main focus

Isn't that like "tomorrow never arrives"? :)

Well, as some one said, a little bleak in tone. I felt sorry for the Headmaster, but then I think I was meant to. Is Tucker being hoisted by his own petard? Can't wait to see where this goes.

I have just watched this on BBCiPlayer and am sad to report that it was unnecessarily sentimental and I felt at times glamourised bullying, an act which takes place in schools all over the country everyday and can have devastating consequences for the victims and indeed their families.

Yeah.

Don't you ever ever call me a bully. I'm so much worse than that . . .

At last! Someone on this blooming site agrees with me!

Quote: IT David @ November 15 2009, 11:13 PM GMT

I have just watched this on BBCiPlayer and am sad to report that it was unnecessarily sentimental and I felt at times glamourised bullying, an act which takes place in schools all over the country everyday and can have devastating consequences for the victims and indeed their families.

So? Last Of The Summer Wine glamourises incontinence and strokes as far I'm concerned.

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 15 2009, 11:27 PM GMT

So? Last Of The Summer Wine glamourises incontinence and strokes as far I'm concerned.

As well as glamourising the very real danger of rolling downhill in a wheel barrow . . .