The Inbetweeners - Series 2 Page 9

Quote: Aaron @ April 17 2009, 4:35 PM BST

The 'quality' is dictated by one's own sense of humour. The two shows are binary opposites in their tone and the situations (very real in TI, very cartoon-y in COA).

So what I think of as being 'good' or 'bad' is dictated by my own tastes and opinions? Well I never.

I do enjoy cartoonish humour too, Linehan is one of my favourite comedy writers.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 17 2009, 4:47 PM BST

So what I think of as being 'good' or 'bad' is dictated by my own tastes and opinions? Well I never.

You learn something new every day.

Stay classy, Aaron. :D

zooo - Yeah, that's one of my annoyances with shows of this kind, the female characterizations tend to be abysmal because they're just there for the guys to embarrass themselves and drool over. Sigh. A little show of personality wouldn't hurt. Carli's okay, though.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 17 2009, 4:31 PM BST

It's funny when you compare this to a show like Coming Of Age, both dealing with sex hungry kids of around the same age, both treating us to a lot of crude language and humour, but they could barely be further apart in terms of quality.

While both are crude, one is cleverly done, and the other . . . Well, isn't. Also The Inbetweeners (Aaron, I don't think abbreviating to TI will work :D) is very well acted. James Buckley as Jay has pitch perfect delivery.

That's why 'Urgh, I can taste it' works so well. Good delivery and played for in a really honest truthful way.

Also TI (ahh, it DOES work) has some great, left-field gags.

But, the more important debate is - who do you prefer Charlotte or Carli?

Quote: Seefacts @ April 17 2009, 4:50 PM BST

While both are crude, one is cleverly done, and the other . . . Well, isn't.

Well yeah, that's what I meant. One is well written and performed, the other not. In my opinion Aaron, cool your angry jets.

Quote: Seefacts @ April 17 2009, 4:50 PM BST

But, the more important debate is - who do you prefer Charlotte or Carli?

Carli. Though if it was just for a one off liason, Charlotte.

Quote: Aaron @ April 17 2009, 4:49 PM BST

You learn something new every day.

Maybe you will too one day.

I'm getting quite confused with all the girls.
Maybe if they weren't all blonde.
Will kind of slept with/had a little hump on top off someone in series 1 didn't he?
So who was that?

Quote: zooo @ April 17 2009, 4:53 PM BST

Ditto.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 17 2009, 4:53 PM BST

Carli. Though if it was just for a one off liason, Charlotte.

Charlotte all the way for me. She's incredibly foxy.

Quote: Seefacts @ April 17 2009, 5:05 PM BST

Charlotte all the way for me. She's incredibly foxy.

Me too! What I would give to see her in a denim skirt.

I think I need to go lie down.

Preferably with Charlotte.

Quote: Aaron @ April 17 2009, 2:04 PM BST

Ah I see. Yeah. Well, I disagree 100%.

Your passion and forthrightness as ever blaze like an Olympic torch of comedy ideals. :P

We both like the show nonetheless which is a splendid thing.

Quote: zooo @ April 17 2009, 4:53 PM BST

Carli is the sensible girl that Simon is after:

Charlotte is in the year above. She's the one Will had awkward sex with in episode 1.4. She crops up more often this series as Will is still trying to get her to agree to go on a proper date:

They do look pretty similar though, yeah.

Talking of people etc, the guy who plays bully Mark Donovan is a very good actor I think. You'd never realise it from The Inbetweeners, but he's rather posh and well-spoken in real life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH4awk-GBMQ

Ah, thank you. :)
(ha, that is a rather surprising clip.)

I also got confused because (if that is indeed the girl who was working behind the bar at the under 18s night) she said to Will's workmate that they hadn't had sex and then called him a virgin.

And then there's the (Irish?) blonde girl who Will and Simon liked on the field trip!

Too many blondes spoil the broth.

Hello zooo!

I still haven't seen any of series 2 yet. Perhaps it's on Channel 4's website to stream.

Another episode. I laughed a lot, mainly at the cock stuff. Will continues to be embarrassingly bad in that one single social dynamic though. He doesn't have any social skills, but he's a smart kid. Surely he'd have learnt by now that HE is the third wheel when he finds 'the girl' with someone else? Other than that weekly repeated scenario, fab series.

He sort of showed he knew that afterwards, when he said to Simon 'as usual she realised I was a dick head'.
It just seems to be in the moment that he has that weird no self awareness.