The Inbetweeners - Series 2 Page 6

Just getting ready to watch it. When you add in the other Thursday shows (The Office, My Name is Earl, Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock) it makes for a busy evening.

Less than 2 hours is hardly "busy"!

The bit with the awkward handjob Laughing out loud

Quote: Tom G @ April 9 2009, 11:03 PM BST

I was a bit dissapointed. I felt the work experience mix up could have been explored a bit more. Was a great idea but don't think it was executed that well.

Think this episode relied too much on Jay being crude, Simon pulling funny faces and kids wanking them off or beating them up in equal measure.

The Mr Gilbert laugh outside the office was as bad as the "he's right behind me isn't he" from series one.

Despite all this it still made me laugh a lot and is the best sitcom on TV at the moment.

"I sometimes sit down as a bit of a treat" excellent!

Agreed. I think they also could have done more with the 12 year old vs. Simon plot line. If only the writers/producers spent as much time refining the script as they do in finding trendy music, they'd be able to maximise the latent humour in episodes like this week's.

And Simon's girl looked about 14.

It was another excellent episode, it's going from strength to strength... :D :D

Quote: DaButt @ April 10 2009, 12:40 AM BST

Just getting ready to watch it. When you add in the other Thursday shows (The Office, My Name is Earl, Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock) it makes for a busy evening.

Thursday is the best night of the week... Laughing out loud Laughing out loud :D

Quote: Aaron @ April 10 2009, 12:43 AM BST

Less than 2 hours is hardly "busy"!

TV-wise it is. That's about 50% of my weekly viewing in a single night.

?! :O

Wonder where the law falls on a 14 year old wanking someone as TV fodder? Not fussed personally, but intrigued...must be some law about such things.

Quote: Tiggs @ April 13 2009, 3:24 PM BST

Wonder where the law falls on a 14 year old wanking someone as TV fodder? Not fussed personally, but intrigued...must be some law about such things.

I know that it is frowned upon in documentaries.

Quote: flii @ April 10 2009, 7:36 AM BST

And Simon's girl looked about 14.

I think that was the general idea.

Quote: Tiggs @ April 13 2009, 3:24 PM BST

Dunno, but it's pretty accurate....

(and if soaps have 13 year olds getting pregnant....and murder, etc)

Magic.

Realistic (even I felt nervy when Simon got told he had some lads after him), crude and hilarious ('I don't like it when he makes eye-contact').

So far better than series 1. This is shaping up to be my favourite new sitcom for the second year running.

I get in two minds about this show. I like it, and it's funny, but I'm surprised at the love some heap on it. It doesn't feel special enough to get that kind of praise. I do think it's very good though, and if we're talking best new Brit sitcom of the last two years, I suppose there aren't a lot of other tip top candidates.

I think it's because the protagonists are painfully real and uncool. And it's a first for this type of show.

I cried with laughter at this. But then I'm from Dorset and have fond memories of away trips to Swanage. Except the actual outward bounds centre was a lot rougher.

I don't think anyone has punched a rainbow trout so amusingly ever.

That said I hope they ate it, be a terrible waste of a fine looking fish.

Quote: sootyj @ April 13 2009, 9:57 PM BST

I cried with laughter at this. But then I'm from Dorset and have fond memories of away trips to Swanage.

I'm from Dorset too! whereabouts?