The Inbetweeners - Series 2 Page 5

Quote: flii @ April 7 2009, 4:24 PM BST

but was anyone else bothered by the fact that the fish Neil punched to death in the boat was a ridiculously-out-of-place rainbow trout?

You may be alone in that! :D

Quote: flii @ April 7 2009, 4:24 PM BST

Forgot to ask this earlier, but was anyone else bothered by the fact that the fish Neil punched to death in the boat was a ridiculously-out-of-place rainbow trout? A rainbow trout simply could not exist in the muddy brackish water from which it was caught. Sorry, but as an avid fly fisherman I found this pretty bothersome.

. . .

Yeeeeah. Moving on. ;)

What a brilliant first episode and only gonna get better. Roll on Thursday...

It was a beautiful fish as well...

Really enjoyed the episode, found it very funny. But did anyone else think the obvious influences of The Office and Peep Show were a bit too strong? The part were the Irish girl asks Simon out infront of Will - the facial expressions of Will and line 'Bit rude' seemed all a bit too Brent for me, almost plagerism! Still and enjoyable episode and the best comedy on tele so far this year.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 7 2009, 4:30 PM BST

You may be alone in that! :D

No, I thought the same thing. I didn't realize they had rainbow trout in the UK.

Roll on 10:00pm!! Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Is this available to watch online?

Great episode. Again though, only really picked up in the last 5-10 minutes.

Am I misremembering Series 1, or is this series far more cringeworthy?

I did lots of lols.

It was a good episode but not as good as last weeks. I laughed quite a few times especially the bits with Mr. Gilbert.

I've always felt that Mr Gilbert doesn't fit in with ... well, anything about the rest of the show. He's too much of a grossly exaggerated caricature. None of them are exactly normal, sane folk, but I can't really see any grounding in reality with him.

I was a bit dissapointed. I felt the work experience mix up could have been explored a bit more. Was a great idea but don't think it was executed that well.

Think this episode relied too much on Jay being crude, Simon pulling funny faces and kids wanking them off or beating them up in equal measure.

The Mr Gilbert laugh outside the office was as bad as the "he's right behind me isn't he" from series one.

Despite all this it still made me laugh a lot and is the best sitcom on TV at the moment.

"I sometimes sit down as a bit of a treat" excellent!

I agree with what's already been said. Good but didn't really get going until the second half, and then it mostly relied on being crude.

I laughed all the way through.

And I do agree that Mr Gilbert doesn't quite fit the rest of the show sometimes, but I love him so much I will overlook it!

The way people go on around here, one would get the impression that being crude is a bad thing.