The Inbetweeners - Series 2 Page 11

Better than last week's. The whole "look at my cock" scene between Will & Simon had me in fits of laughter. And the wig, WTF?

I'll be up watching it at 2am I suppose.

Quote: sardines @ April 27 2009, 5:28 PM BST

Will is definitely the weakest of them, imitating yer man from Peep Show the whole time. The character annoys the shi-hi-hi-ugar outta me.
However, I was thinking that Will might be modeled on the writers image of themselves when they were that age cos I'm only 3 years older than the character and look back on myself then as this annoyingly poncey, self-absorbed, arrogant, little brat.

The characters are brilliantly accurate in my opinion:
Had a friend just like Jay as Seefacts described.
Another one like Simon in that he was slightly ahead of the rest of us by getting a bit of interested from girls... but being scarily obsessive about one girl (he still is actually).
And then Neil was just like another fella I used to get on brilliantly with, he had a learning problem (it had a name too, can't remember it though) but was generally a very happy easy going person.

The parents are all 1 dimensional though, doesn't really matter though 'cos they're of minimal importance.

?

Quote: hotzappa11 @ April 30 2009, 11:01 PM BST

Better than last week's. The whole "look at my cock" scene between Will & Simon had me in fits of laughter. And the wig, WTF?

All good, and some good scenes in the old people's home.

In short: it's the only show I can think of that gets the whole teenage thing on this side of the Atlantic accurately.

I skipped the first series but I've seen every episode of the second. It's just spot on in every single way...

Laughed alot at tonight's episode. After last week (personally think that was the weakest episode of the series) I think tonight's was actually a contender for the best. I do quite enjoy the teacher.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Yeah it needs more Mr. Gilbert. I love that character.

Funny how people who love the same show can differ on which episode's best. I think this series hs been as good a standard as the last, but I think episode 2 was the worst, even if it still made me laugh. Episode 1, 3, and 5 hav been the best so far, but 2 was the worst out of both series. Wasn't funny, just didn't seem to go anywhere?

Great show though, being 19 I can relate. :D

Quote: zooo @ May 1 2009, 12:24 AM BST

Yeah it needs more Mr. Gilbert. I love that character.

Nooo, less! Less! He's an awful character. Very very little realism there. Certainly nothing I can identify with. He's like the flourescent sheep. Wrapped with flashing multicoloured rope lights. On the side of Snowdon. In a blizzard.

Quote: Aaron @ May 1 2009, 1:49 AM BST

Nooo, less! Less! He's an awful character. Very very little realism there. Certainly nothing I can identify with. He's like the flourescent sheep. Wrapped with flashing multicoloured rope lights. On the side of Snowdon. In a blizzard.

I had a teacher almost 100% like him. Really tall, agressive, took the piss out of pupils, witty, even talked in the same tone, the only difference being he wasn't head of 6th form......he was deputy head! :O (and was teaching economics).

Great episode tonight. Season 2 has been hilarious, it's a shame there's just one episode left. Any word on a well deserved commission for a 3rd series?

Quote: Aaron @ May 1 2009, 1:49 AM BST

Very very little realism there.

Seems perfectly Ok to me. That episode was really good, lots of funny moments; though it would be kind of nice if not every other line contained the words cock, suck off, clunge, fanny, balls,spunk and so on! That isn't ALL teenagers talk about!

"He did that looking at me"

What a superb line to give the old woman.

I love this show!

"OAPaedo!" :D