The Inbetweeners - Series 2 Page 10

Good to see that girl from Grange Hill playing Neil's sister. She's grown up quick.

?
Must be from a recent series I guess. I'd never seen her before.

Quote: Seefacts @ April 23 2009, 11:07 PM BST

Good to see that girl from Grange Hill playing Neil's sister. She's grown up quick.

So that's where she's from. Phwoar!

I actually thought the episode was one of the worst, but there were some laughable moments. Maybe it's because I wasn't in the mood, I don't know. I thought Simon Bird was overacting though.

I agree. The first two episodes built up to a big crescendo scene, whereas the second two didn't really go anywhere. Still funny but only the odd line here and there.

I'd say that last night's episode was better than last week's, but the first two are still the best up to now.

I did like the de-construction of Jay in the bit about stroking the hair.

"No, I meant the long hair . . . On the . . . No, yeah I meant her pubic hair'.

Nice undercutting I thought.

Jay's great.
It was my least favourite of the episodes so far, but was still better than anything else on at the moment.

Quote: zooo @ April 24 2009, 2:40 PM BST

Jay's great.
It was my least favourite of the episodes so far, but was still better than anything else on at the moment.

He's a great actor. He's got the best delivery of the four I think.

From last week see; "Ah, watch out Simon might give me one of his special cuddles' and 'I can taste it!!'.

He is brilliant. I think Will is my favourite character (and actor) but Jay is a very close second.

I love all the scenes that show his relationship with his dad. (Poor Jay.) :(

Quote: zooo @ April 24 2009, 3:03 PM BST

He is brilliant. I think Will is my favourite character (and actor) but Jay is a very close second.

I love all the scenes that show his relationship with his dad. (Poor Jay.) :(

The characters are a lot more 3D than people give credit. Especially Jay. Whose terrible Dad has basically shaped him into a liar who's trying to cover his terrible life.

Both Simon Bird and James Buckley came across as very funny on the DVD for series 1 too. Series 2 is out on the 11th May so I see - can't wait!!

Will is definitely the weakest of them, imitating yer man from Peep Show the whole time. The character annoys the shi-hi-hi-ugar outta me.
However, I was thinking that Will might be modeled on the writers image of themselves when they were that age cos I'm only 3 years older than the character and look back on myself then as this annoyingly poncey, self-absorbed, arrogant, little brat.

The characters are brilliantly accurate in my opinion:
Had a friend just like Jay as Seefacts described.
Another one like Simon in that he was slightly ahead of the rest of us by getting a bit of interested from girls... but being scarily obsessive about one girl (he still is actually).
And then Neil was just like another fella I used to get on brilliantly with, he had a learning problem (it had a name too, can't remember it though) but was generally a very happy easy going person.

The parents are all 1 dimensional though, doesn't really matter though 'cos they're of minimal importance.

Wow. Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Good episode?

I missed it.

First 3/4 were a bit meh but the last bit was bloody good.

It were ace.

Funniest show I've watched in a while, great stuff.