The Inbetweeners - Series 2 Page 14

Quote: Aaron @ May 18 2009, 2:15 PM BST

Have you seen Coming Of Age then...?

Nah.

Well if you were serious about liking "juvenile swearing and hard-on gags", you might enjoy that too. Although it's a lot less cleverly-done than The Inbetweeners is.

Quote: Aaron @ May 18 2009, 2:23 PM BST

Well if you were serious about liking "juvenile swearing and hard-on gags", you might enjoy that too. Although it's a lot less cleverly-done than The Inbetweeners is.

Ah, well, I like the clever combined with the blue language, you see, a bit of both.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ May 18 2009, 2:18 PM BST

Nah.

Don't bother then.

After being so impressed with the first series, I was in Sainsbury's this morning buying the second series and I think it looks funnier than the excellent first series. I'm two episodes in and I absolutely loved the field trip episode and then the work-experience one. I loved it when Will got stripped to his under-wear and thrown in the river.

Watched all of The Inbetweeners now and I absolutely loved it. I'm hoping it will get a third series, then I can talk with my friends about it whilst it was still on instead of being isolated.

Glad you liked it Jack. Isn't it great when you come across a series that's as good as the recommendations say!

Although the third series hasn't yet been confirmed, I'd happily stake everything I own on the fact there will be a third series. It's been a massive success for C4 - over a million viewers an episode on E4, and no doubt even more when it gets a C4 repeat soon.

Quote: Mark @ May 22 2009, 2:43 PM BST

Glad you liked it Jack. Isn't it great when you come across a series that's as good as the recommendations say!

I must say, I probably wouldn't have bothered with this if it hadn't been for the enthusiastic response from the BCG massive. Sometimes, rarely perhaps, programmes confound your expectations. I've only just started watching reruns on E4, but it's clearly good stuff.

Quote: Mark @ May 22 2009, 2:43 PM BST

Although the third series hasn't yet been confirmed, I'd happily stake everything I own on the fact there will be a third series. It's been a massive success for C4 - over a million viewers an episode on E4, and no doubt even more when it gets a C4 repeat soon.

Thanks Mark, was very impressed by it and was alot funnier than I imagined it to be so. I've been reading through this thread and say I strongly disagree with the Mr Gilbert opinion of Aaron, I think he's a great character.
I doubt I'll ever be able to drive past a bus stop again without shouting 'Bus Wankers' out of the window.

Glad to see this is getting a showing on proper Channel 4 from next Tuesday, as I'm a latecomer to this show and haven't seen it. Saw the reruns of series 1 on E4 the last few weeks and really enjoyed it. The casting is fantastic.

Probably the most accurate rendering of comprehensive school life and the attendant bad language there's ever been! No wonder Grange Hill got the axe!

'80s/early '90s Grange Hill was awwwwwwesome!

I don't understand why C4 are showing it so late though.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ June 24 2009, 10:06 PM BST

I don't understand why C4 are showing it so late though.

Probably beacuse of all the swearing and jokes about spunk. And the fact that Channel 4 appear legally obliged to put Big Brother on at 10pm every night, even though audience numbers are dropping faster than...(something funny).

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 25 2009, 1:35 PM BST

even though audience numbers are dropping faster than...

Iranian women at a pro-democracy rally in Tehran... Oh wait, you said something funny.

Quote: chipolata @ June 25 2009, 1:38 PM BST

Iranian women at a pro-democracy rally in Tehran... Oh wait, you said something funny.

Well that might have to do, unless another of the site's comedy genuises can spunk something better up.