Current radio comedy Page 24

Arthur Smith was a mixed bag. It's always great to hear John Hegley, but one of the comedians (whose name I've already forgotten), I thought was terrible. But all in all it was like Smith himself, and had a shambolic charm.

It will either by the guest, Andrew Lawrence, or this series' regular, Mrs. Barbara Nice.

Elsehwere, details of the new series of ISIHAC are being revealed. Jack Dee is still the host. The first recording will be in Cheltenham with guest Jeremy Hardy.

Forum post to ISIHAC

Quote: Ian Wolf @ April 17 2010, 7:31 AM BST

It will either by the guest, Andrew Lawrence, or this series' regular, Mrs. Barbara Nice.

It was Andrew Lawrence. Nice wasn't great, but she wasn't as cringingly bad as Lawrence.

A Series of Psychotic Episodes is back Tomorrow, 23:00 on BBC Radio 7.

I liked it quite a bit before.

Quote: Nogget @ April 17 2010, 4:08 PM BST

A Series of Psychotic Episodes is back Tomorrow, 23:00 on BBC Radio 7.

I liked it quite a bit before.

Actually, these are repeats. I don't know when the second series is being shown, but I know it will be on Radio 4.

Quote: chipolata @ March 30 2010, 1:04 PM BST

An enjoyable Unbelievable Truth last night. And I must admit to being rather fond of the German comic Henning Wehn. He always seems to make me laugh, although I'm not sure if it's by accident or design.

I thought this again tonight, only I'm really warming to Henning and would love to see and hear him on some more panel shows. He's a funny German, and there aren't many of them to the pound!

Baggage. :|

Why do I keep listening to it?

Quote: chipolata @ April 20 2010, 7:12 PM BST

Baggage. Why do I keep listening to it?

Because you like self-harm? Now Baggage has been mentioned in this thread I've had to remove the word 'Good' from the thread title (so this is effectively back to being like your other thread now chip!)

It's still really quiet on the radio comedy front at the moment. Here's my thoughts of what is on at the moment though...

Arthur Smith's Balham Bash: A mixed bag.

Mark Steel's In Town: Love it.

Scrooby Trevithick: I hated the first series, but this is slowly growing on me now it is a more solid sitcom.

The News Quiz: Didn't exactly nail the election stories, but nice to have it back on air. The clipping about "stable address" was very funny.

The Vote Now Show: could do with a big political story now to get its teeth into as it's running out of things to say about the three leaders. Still funny though, and Gyles Brandreth on Monday was very funny.

The Unbelievable Truth: Best edition for a while I thought. Some great scripts, particularly Marcus Brigstocke.

Baggage: sentimental rubbish.

Quote: chipolata @ April 19 2010, 8:01 PM BST

I thought this again tonight, only I'm really warming to Henning and would love to see and hear him on some more panel shows. He's a funny German, and there aren't many of them to the pound!

That's because they use the Euro.

A very good Mark Steel's In Town. He's a very likeable presence on the radio, and manages to diss a place without being offensive. Good stuff.

Henning Wehn: "Several puddings to have found themselves on the wrong side of the law..." :D

Quote: Damn His Duckpond @ April 21 2010, 7:40 PM BST

Henning Wehn: "Several puddings to have found themselves on the wrong side of the law..." :D

:D

I've liked the little I've heard from him so far. Does he appear in anything else?

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 21 2010, 7:46 PM BST

:D

I've liked the little I've heard from him so far. Does he appear in anything else?

He turns up on quite a few panel games both on TV and, mostly, radio (he's fairly regularly on "Fighting Talk" on Radio 5Live).

I think he's a bit of a favourite of David Mitchell's so I'd be surprised if he didn't turn up on "The Bubble" sometime soon.

As a stand up, first and foremost, he does a lot of live work and can be seen at clubs all over the UK.

Ok, thanks, I'll listen out for him. :)

UK Tour in May: http://www.germanhumour.com/

Dan