Contemporary comedy drama charting the middle-youth crises of Scottish freelance photographer Caroline
- Comedy Drama
- 2005 - 2009
- BBC Radio 4
- 24 (4 series)
- Hilary Lyon, Adie Allen, Phyllis Logan, Moray Hunter, June Watson, Robin Cameron, David Rintoul, Peter Capaldi and Stuart McQuarrie
- Hilary Lyon
- Marilyn Imrie
- Moray Hunter and Gordon Kennedy
Baggage is a contemporary comedy drama charting the middle-youth crises of freelance photographer Caroline and her 40-something, immature student best friend, Ruth.
It's all change in Edinburgh for Series 4 as the original Celtic trio is reconfigured, following the unexpected death from cancer of the often-maligned, but painfully missed, Fiona, their closest friend of 20 year's standing.
One year on, Caroline's father, Hector, arrives unexpectedly and manages to simultaneously build and break bridges over already troubled waters. Caroline valiantly tries to pick up the pieces and to rise to the challenge of co-parenting baby April with Fiona's grief-stricken, estranged husband, Roddy, who has his own ideas about family life and the future. Being catapulted into motherhood is not quite panning out the way Caroline had imagined.
- Production company
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Wednesday 6th April 2005 on BBC Radio 4
- Last new broadcast
- Wednesday 12th August 2009 on BBC Radio 4 at 11:30am
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Tuesday 18th May 2010 at 6:30pm