DVD releases in 2009

The new year is here, and along with it come a whole load of new DVD releases.

Check out our coming soon page here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/shop/coming_soon/

Personally, I'm particularly excited by The Galton & Simpson Playhouse, Alfresco, After Henry Series 2, Thick As Thieves, Two's Company Series 2, and A Little Bit Of Wisdom.

Other notables include Time Gentlemen Please, Dear Ladies Series 3, Hardware, and The Thick Of It specials.

Looks set to be another good year for British sitcom on DVD! :)

Wahay! The High Life! Can't remember if the sitcom was any good, but the theme tune was awesome! :)

Dan

The High Life is actually a re-release, having been previously out on Network. Can't even see if it has the pilot (boom boom) episode, which Network's one did.

I think the series is going to be repeated on BBC One in a couple of weeks.

OMG! Hardware. Finally the wait is over! I've been wanting this to come out for ages

Cracking odd-ball series, that one. :)

Finally Time Trumpet is out on DVD. Armando Iannucci is a God.

Quote: glaikit @ January 5 2009, 1:38 PM GMT

Finally Time Trumpet is out on DVD. Armando Iannucci is a God.

Think I'll have to give that another go. I remember being quite dissapointed with it at the time.

Time Trumpet - f**king ace! As was the previous Iannucci sketch show on CH4. The latter was perhaps the most consistently excellent sketch show, ever!

Quote: john lucas 101 @ January 5 2009, 2:32 PM GMT

Time Trumpet - f**king ace! As was the previous Iannucci sketch show on CH4. The latter was perhaps the most consistently excellent sketch show, ever!

The Armando Iannucci shows were amazing - I was so pleased when they finally got released on DVD. The one where the couple are looking at a house and it turns out to be a child's drawing is my favourite.

And of course the classic sketch where men are being fed football things to say, by other, more expert, men!

I'm still waiting for the release of the 10 series box set of Are You Being Served?. I'm living in hope.

After Henry sounds like a kind of sombre comedy but I've never seen it. I've thought about picking up the first series a few times.

Any news on a release for Lab Rats? I watched one episode and didn't like it, but I did have a feeling that the script would be pretty good.

Finally query is about Not With A Bang. I'd really like to get this on DVD, but all my research powers suggest it's not going to happen.

With regard to purchasing DVDs, I had a look at the list of UK retailers that you have on this site. I'm thinking you may want to remove Woolworths now!?

Def.

After Henry: Sombre, yes, I suppose so. Expect closer to Outside Edge than 'Allo 'Allo! anyway. :)

Lab Rats I'd expect a little later in the year. They're probably in no rush to release it!

Not With A Bang: What makes you suspect that? I must admit I don't know much about it. Was it particularly frowned upon?

And thanks for that. I think most of the shop stuff will be relaunching on the BCG shortly though. It'll no doubt be gone from there!

Quote: Aaron @ January 5 2009, 12:50 PM GMT

The High Life is actually a re-release, having been previously out on Network. Can't even see if it has the pilot (boom boom) episode, which Network's one did.

I think the series is going to be repeated on BBC One in a couple of weeks.

Really? Excellent. I loved this. Hardly anyone I know has ever even heard of it!

Quote: Aaron @ January 5 2009, 1:10 PM GMT

Cracking odd-ball series, that one. :)

It certainly was. Again, very few people I know liked or even watched it.

Just checked - it's actually BBC Four, starting next Tuesday (13th) at 21:00. :)

Quote: Aaron @ January 6 2009, 5:37 PM GMT

Just checked - it's actually BBC Four, starting next Tuesday (13th) at 21:00. :)

Thanking you. :)