DVD releases in 2009 Page 2

Will defo watch and get DVD....from the list am only interested in The High Life and No Heroics (possibly The Royle Family) but nothing I am desperate for like Watching, Second Thoughts, Birds Of A Feather, 2point4 Children, The Piglet Files, Babar, The Upper Hand, Massive, Surgical Spirit etc...

Any ideas if/when Kath & Kim series 3 will be on DVD in UK?

Just William (1976) out at the end of March. Thanks to Network, as ever. :)

I would like to see more Surgical Spirit on DVD, I got the first series for Christmas.

I will be pre-ordering Hardware.

Now That's What I Call Comedy: The Absolute Very Best Of Modern Comedy

[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/8782849/Now-That-What-I-Call-Comedy-The-Absolute-Very-Best-Of-Modern-Comedy/Product.html]

Thanks TCM, looks interesting. I'll be quite interested to see the run time though.

Watching series 3 announced for 06/04/2009 :-)

Thanks, I've added that to our database. :)

[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/8838741/Watching-Series-3/Product.html]

Quote: monkeybeard @ January 27 2009, 3:45 PM GMT

Watching series 3 announced for 06/04/2009 :-)

Thank the sweet sweet lord.

No Network you want to release Second Thoguhts Series 2, Surgical Spirit series 2 and The Upper Hand Series one don't you. :) :) :) :)

I suspect, actually, that The Upper Hand may be beyond their reach. As an American adaptation, it may be owned by the original production company. At very least, I suspect that the cost of the rights would be prohibitive.

Quote: Aaron @ January 27 2009, 6:47 PM GMT

I suspect, actually, that The Upper Hand may be beyond their reach. As an American adaptation, it may be owned by the original production company. At very least, I suspect that the cost of the rights would be prohibitive.

Well they can do the others at least.

Quote: Mike88 @ January 27 2009, 5:57 PM GMT

Thank the sweet sweet lord.

No Network you want to release Second Thoguhts Series 2, Surgical Spirit series 2 and The Upper Hand Series one don't you. :) :) :) :)

Don't forget Shelley series 4 onwards, I need more Shelley Angry

And they could start Piglet Files, Barbara and Faith In The Future

Definitely agreed.

EventhoughIalreadyhavesomeofthose.

Quote: Aaron @ January 6 2009, 4:29 PM GMT

Not With A Bang: What makes you suspect that? I must admit I don't know much about it. Was it particularly frowned upon?

A bit of a delay on this reply...

To my knowledge it was shown once on ITV and it then dropped below the radar. I don't think it has ever been repeated. As I recall it didn't go down too well with critics. The post apocalyptic premise was good but I think it ran out of steam very quickly. Still though, I would love to get the DVD as I love the basic post apocalypse genre.

Def.